NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 III - Rangers fire Alain Vigneault

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
Yeah, I'm interested in that as well. Has he played wing before? Maybe at the Olympics?
Tavares in the article I read this morning did say he has played it in the past. Doug Weight also said that if Tavares beats Barzal down the ice Tavares would defend the center positioning and Barzal would have to adjust defending on his off wing? Doesn’t that sign like a recipe for disaster?

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Tavares in the article I read this morning did say he has played it in the past. Doug Weight also said that if Tavares beats Barzal down the ice Tavares would defend the center positioning and Barzal would have to adjust defending on his off wing? Doesn’t that sign like a recipe for disaster?
Well, Tavares is no Bergeron. ;)

Reactions: GlenFeatherstone

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Babcock has played him to much and it is catching up to him. Sounds familiar in a way.

Injury has nothing to do with playing too much. Polak shoved a player on top of him and now he's day to day. Andersen is barely playing more than 5 other goalies in the league. Most starters play 60-65 games. Vasilevsky is the guy that there should be worry about. Openly comes out and says hes suffering from fatigue yet is still playing every game. Andersen is a workhorse.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Injury has nothing to do with playing too much. Polak shoved a player on top of him and now he's day to day. Andersen is barely playing more than 5 other goalies in the league. Most starters play 60-65 games. Vasilevsky is the guy that there should be worry about. Openly comes out and says hes suffering from fatigue yet is still playing every game. Andersen is a workhorse.
I said nothing about injury. I am stating that Babcock is running him into the ground like Claude did with Rask

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
3 new records for claude and habs
11th shootout ))) previous record of franchise was 9
23 lost on the road, previous was 22
26 shots in one period
And the season is not over
Claude is legend now !! )))))

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA

It makes less and less sense the more I hear about it.

They are very good offensively as they are now, the problem is their defense so how is loading up their offense gonna help with that?

And now this whole nonsense about who is gonna defend who makes me have even less faith that it'll be fun to watch.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
They still are.

Or maybe a lot of it was bravado from Leafs trolls who are currently packing their apple juice for lunch at school tomorrow?

No one will ever know.
Giordano can cover up a multitude of deficiencies of his d partner . Hamilton is tissue paper . Goals do not equate a good defenceman

Reactions: Thrive

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Giordano can cover up a multitude of deficiencies of his d partner . Hamilton is tissue paper . Goals do not equate a good defenceman

.i live in Calgary and watch Flames daily Giordano has been ok but not better then Hamilton has played..He still getting credit for his play 3 yrs ago.

Last edited:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
.i live in Calgary and watch Flames daily Giordano has been ok but not better then Hamilton has played..He still getting credit for his play 3 yrs ago.
Wow, Flames games I have seen he hasn't looked too bad but you would know better. I have a few buddies that are big flames fans that are always talking up Giordano . He did seem to have a few stellar years there then tail off .

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Jamie Benn looked like a man unhinged who’s rage knows no bounds on that pan-in on the bench right there after that tussle with Wheeler.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Jamie Benn looked like a man unhinged who’s rage knows no bounds on that pan-in on the bench right there after that tussle with Wheeler.

He's very similar to Lucic in when he wants to, there are very few other NHLers who can stop him. The problem is as he ages, that time is becoming less and less frequent. Much more talented than Lucic though so he can still get by on that.

Reactions: Thrive

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It makes less and less sense the more I hear about it.

They are very good offensively as they are now, the problem is their defense so how is loading up their offense gonna help with that?

And now this whole nonsense about who is gonna defend who makes me have even less faith that it'll be fun to watch.

Yeah, I don’t get this move at all?

Does it mean that Tavares is gone and the Isles want to see what Barzal looks like as the 1 C? Or does it mean that the Isles want to load up and hope to appease Tavares by having Barzal play with him? If that’s the case though, why not have Barzal play on Tavares’ wing?

Really strange.

Another strange decision that could have playoff implications. Trotz chose to go with Grubbauer over Holtby (who appears to be fighting it a bit) today in a game that the Caps really needed (to stay ahead of PIT). They ended up getting slapped around and you have to wonder how this will affect Holtby’s confidence if he’s already struggling a bit.

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Another strange decision that could have playoff implications. Trotz chose to go with Grubbauer over Holtby (who appears to be fighting it a bit) today in a game that the Caps really needed (to stay ahead of PIT). They ended up getting slapped around and you have to wonder how this will affect Holtby’s confidence if he’s already struggling a bit.
Holtby’s play this year is the result of running him into the ground for three consecutive years: 73, 66, and then 63 games played. That’s a lot of hockey being played there.

I know he’s a horse but everyone has their breaking point.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad