NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 III - Rangers fire Alain Vigneault

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's very similar to Lucic in when he wants to, there are very few other NHLers who can stop him. The problem is as he ages, that time is becoming less and less frequent. Much more talented than Lucic though so he can still get by on that.

I had never really thought of a Lucic-Benn comparison. Not sure I see it, but anyway, here’s Trouba trying to hit Benn last night. Guy is a tank:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I know there are people that think the NHL referees have some sort of vendetta against the Bruins. Unfortunately, the more games I watch, the more apparent it becomes that the officials don’t have a grudge, they are just incompetent.

Watched the Caps v Flyers game yesterday and the officiating was awful, particularly in the first period. Tons of stuff let go, then ticky-tac stuff called. Couturier had a chance in close that Grubbauer stopped. Orlov came in and hit him high/late after the whistle for no reason (Couturier wasn’t hacking or anything). Coots retaliated and then got knocked around by Niskanen.

Should have been a Flyers PP, but somehow no Cap was penalized and Couturier was the only guy in the box. It was absolutely ridiculous, and as bad as anything I have seen in a B’s game.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Petrovic should never fight he's awful. I still laugh about how Lucic got so into the Habs heads they drafted that stiff McCarron.

Funny cause it’s true. And that is a win for the Bruins.

Just like when they chose Urquart in 2003 from the Q, just 5 picks before the Bruins drafted Bergeron.

1993 Forever!

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
Wow, Flames games I have seen he hasn't looked too bad but you would know better. I have a few buddies that are big flames fans that are always talking up Giordano . He did seem to have a few stellar years there then tail off .

I also watch the Flames on the regular and to say Giordano has been just okay is just flat out wrong. He's been their best defenseman by a fair margin and carries that pair, not the other way around. Hamilton has been a tire fire at times and especially lately, can score goals but costly brain farts at the worst times. Dougie can't handle any sort of pressure he just mentally crumbles.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I also watch the Flames on the regular and to say Giordano has been just okay is just flat out wrong. He's been their best defenseman by a fair margin and carries that pair, not the other way around. Hamilton has been a tire fire at times and especially lately, can score goals but costly brain farts at the worst times. Dougie can't handle any sort of pressure he just mentally crumbles.

Sounds exactly what he was like here when he had Chara as a partner.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...nd-not-boston-in-the-playoffs.2465963/page-11

Leafs fans are the best

How can you not want them in first round and pound them

Perfect day

Bruins beat Leafs in playoffs

Lounge chair and 80 degeee sunny beach day

iPhone reading Leafs board thread after the loss

Maybe 1 ice cold beer to make it a great day

I don't think other fan bases understand how deep this team is lol. I kept telling no B's fans before the season started that this team would surprise some people. Scary enough though they've surprised me too, I didn't think they'd be this good.

Reactions: Chief Nine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad