NHL Around the NHL - Regular Season 2017-18 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, you mentioned you hadn’t done or aren’t a public speaker, I can tell you from being a front man in a band (in a past life;)) and having to do presentations at work from time to time , it’s ain’t easy
I've had to do it at work and it's awful. I just want to get it over with so I forget to breathe while I'm talking :laugh:. I do better sitting around a table with a group than standing in front of people

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bill Wirtz in the HOF is detestable

He did get in back in 1977 but he was the driving force behind the scheme to get Orr to Chicago- he and Eagleson were a team

Fenway if you read this please weigh in I know you are great at this stuff and correct me if I have misguided dislike

1977 was a different world so maybe that's the reason and his past transgressions don't warrant removal today

Wirtz was responsible for the worst NHL President ever...John Ziegler who served from 1977-1992.

Ziegler did what Wirtz and Eagleson told him to do and finally Jacobs led the movement to oust him.

Back in 1988 when the refs refused to work a playoff game nobody could find Ziegler. He signed a TV deal with Sports Channel America that was a farce as it was only available in about 15 million homes at the time.

Reactions: BMC and DKH

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I've had to do it at work and it's awful. I just want to get it over with so I forget to breathe while I'm talking :laugh:. I do better sitting around a table with a group than standing in front of people

Funny cause I'm the exact opposite. Sitting around a table or room/circle, I'm quiet and somewhat nervous to speak across the room.

Put me in front of a group or standing up while others are sitting, and I can talk all day.

Reactions: frickinbobby

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Nice to see the Preds get a national game. Too bad it's against Washington. I wonder which Pred they'll injure. :rolleyes:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The more I listen to the guy doing play by play on the Caps - Preds game the more I hear this guy

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Forsberg just scored career goal 100 against the Caps.

Glorious :laugh:

Edit: now they are saying it's Arvidsson. Bummer. At least Washington is currently losing :)

Edit again: I hope this is their final answer.

Last edited:

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Can we trade for a Pred? They know how to score on Holtby.

Six goals on him through two periods...

Last edited:

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Crazy! 6 on Holtby in less than 2 periods :hockey:I think that’s more than the B’s have ever scored on him

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
can't believe anyone would give a goalie that much with his subpar playoff record and injury history. (its very below avg)
His contract starts next year

It's horrifying if you are a Habs fan

10.5 M NMC for 8 years per $84 M

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Dubnyk has a three game shutout streak going. Ryan Johansen hasn't scored yet this season.

So of course Johansen scores on Dubnyk less than a minute into the game. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis