Around the NHL - Playoffs? We're Talkin' 'bout Playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Man Dylan Strome is just tearing up the AHL, nice to see after so many writing him off at such a young age.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Man Dylan Strome is just tearing up the AHL, nice to see after so many writing him off at such a young age.

Tearing up the ahl three years after being drafted is great, but not exactly what you hope for in a 3 overall.

Can you imagine the crap storm Reinhart would face if he had been on the same path as strome? Posters think he is a bust after being a twenty goal scorer as a rookie in the league, only a year after his draft.

It will be interesting if strome could develop a mean streak like Thornton, use that big body to create some space thru fear.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Tearing up the ahl three years after being drafted is great, but not exactly what you hope for in a 3 overall.

Can you imagine the crap storm Reinhart would face if he had been on the same path as strome? Posters think he is a bust after being a twenty goal scorer as a rookie in the league, only a year after his draft.

It will be interesting if strome could develop a mean streak like Thornton, use that big body to create some space thru fear.

His development definitely hasn’t been ideal, but at least he’s showing obvious signs of improvement.

Reactions: SabresFan26

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Can the Sabres switch time zones with Vegas so I can regularly watch a good, fun team?
We're doing a great job of standing in for the expansion franchise that's supposed to suck this year.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY

Questioning god?

I've said this for a minute, but Babcock's perfectionism doesn't line up with his roster and he has the job security to be a hardass, so it'll be interesting to see how this all plays out When Kadri is your best defensive player you're probably locked into a bunch of track meets, and that's not good enough in Babs' world.

Also, nobody posted the Therrian/Briere quotes yet? Fetching now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wonder if Danny includes anything about the fist-fight with Drury during the Sens series practice or if he'll reveal any of his online hockey habits.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
On another note, I'm sort of hoping the Knights continue to be competitive. They hold two of the potential UFA scoring line wingers that could move at the deadline. The longer they stay in contention, the longer they will likely look at holding Perron and Neal and the less competition the Sabres will have in moving on from Kane.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
On another note, I'm sort of hoping the Knights continue to be competitive. They hold two of the potential UFA scoring line wingers that could move at the deadline. The longer they stay in contention, the longer they will likely look at holding Perron and Neal and the less competition the Sabres will have in moving on from Kane.
So do we try and be proactive and set the market? Or wait for a bidding war that may or may not escalate? The former would be ideal but would probably fetch us less, while the latter is riskier but could pay off better...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So do we try and be proactive and set the market? Or wait for a bidding war that may or may not escalate? The former would be ideal but would probably fetch us less, while the latter is riskier but could pay off better...

Not interested in winning a trade, just interested in shaping the roster for next year and beyond. I think trade now.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Using last year as precedent, and obviously there's more of relevance than just what happened last year, but my impression is that teams were willing to pay for guys who they targetted, and those guys went relatively early. The guys that stayed with their teams until the deadline were mostly moved for peanuts. Now, "relatively early" here means in the few weeks before the deadline, not 3 months before, but still I think it's best to take a good deal regardless of when it presents itself and not screw around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad