Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I have a hard time believing they move him, but man I really hope Necas is available this offseason. He is like a super version of Terry.
I'm curious what makes you think that. He has fewer points than Terry in 2 of the last 3 seasons (almost 30 points fewer in one of those) while playing on a better team.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I'm curious what makes you think that. He has fewer points than Terry in 2 of the last 3 seasons (almost 30 points fewer in one of those) while playing on a better team.
I’m not talking about production, I’m talking about the way he plays. He carries the puck with confidence, but he’s faster, bigger, and stronger.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I’m not talking about production, I’m talking about the way he plays. He carries the puck with confidence, but he’s faster, bigger, and stronger.
Gotcha. I don't watch a lot of Canes hockey but he does seem like a solid pick-up opportunity.

I saw some Canes fans earlier commenting that he played kind of soft, though.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I'm hoping for a 94 rematch. looking back at some of those names and they were legendary, especially on the Rangers side and of course for Vancouver the esteemed Trevor Linden.

Reactions: Kalv

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
The more I watch Elias Lindholm, the more I feel that he fits our team really well. That 40 goal season was clearly an anomaly, but if his contract ask is reasonable, then I would totally be on board with him.

Reactions: SmokeyDuck

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
What was the point of EDM trading for henrique and Carrick if they aren't going to play them?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That’s a big win for the Oil. I really thought they would roll through Van but man, Skinner has been awful. If he doesn’t right the ship immediately it’s going to get real ugly in EDM this summer.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This Canucks team has a lot more character than the late 2000s and early 2010s teams
I remember people saying the Sedins were way too soft to carry them over Boston in the finals.
Wouldn't surprise me if this Canucks team wins it all. To get the Canadian cup drought over with so it can stop being talked about would be great too. The fact it wouldn't be the Leafs or Habs ending the drought has a nice ring to it too.

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
That’s a big win for the Oil. I really thought they would roll through Van but man, Skinner has been awful. If he doesn’t right the ship immediately it’s going to get real ugly in EDM this summer.

The people who say goaltending will ultimately hold them back are probably right. They may win this round but the teams only get tougher.

I'm hoping for a 94 rematch. looking back at some of those names and they were legendary, especially on the Rangers side and of course for Vancouver the esteemed Trevor Linden.

94 was a great playoff. The Finals were good, but there were at least 2 better series that year.

Cal-Van was awesome for drama (and dirty play), with 3 straight OTs to finish the series.

And NJ-NYR was one of the all time greats ... Games 6 and 7 might be the best back to back games ever played.

And that's not even factoring in a Brodeur-Hasek duel, the big SJ-Det upset, etc.. wonderful stuff.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Firmly believe Carolina has been the better team in this series. Kinda wild they’re down 3-0.

I do not see the Rangers winning a Stanley cup

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Firmly believe Carolina has been the better team in this series. Kinda wild they’re down 3-0.

I do not see the Rangers winning a Stanley cup
Agreed and I like the Rangers. They’re just missing…something. It might be a focal point centre if I had to put it in words. It feels like all the western teams remaining have such a player(s). Florida does as well

Reactions: AngelDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad