Around the NHL - (Playoffs Edition)

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
This will probably be a long series, but I would think the Panthers are not too concerned about Shesterkin after Vasilevskiy and Swayman.

Rangers facing Lindgren and Andersen is not exactly the same as a dialed in Bobrovsky. Playing at home isn't good if they need a couple games to find an answer.

I have nothing against the Rangers, but it is hard to root for Trouba.

John

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
This will probably be a long series, but I would think the Panthers are not too concerned about Shesterkin after Vasilevskiy and Swayman.

Rangers facing Lindgren and Andersen is not exactly the same as a dialed in Bobrovsky. Playing at home isn't good if they need a couple games to find an answer.

I have nothing against the Rangers, but it is hard to root for Trouba.

John
I just realized this is the Panthers 30th season. 30 years they've been waiting.
Panthers vs Edmonton. Panthers get their first or McDavid breaks the Canadian cup curse.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I was going to say there was another missed McDavid high stick and it was becoming a pandemic but the refs went back and called it. I'm kind of suspicious I am actually dreaming this. Competent reffing? In the NHL? In this economy?

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
What i learned from these playoffs. Our team cannot make counter attacks like these elite teams. We also have the inability to get in the offensive zone. We have good skaters now and speed but we cant get a good counter

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
What i learned from these playoffs. Our team cannot make counter attacks like these elite teams. We also have the inability to get in the offensive zone. We have good skaters now and speed but we cant get a good counter
What also struck me is how well Edmonton exits the zone. The consistent tape to tape passes to an open man were impressive.

If we even make one of those a period I’m amazed.

John

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
What also struck me is how well Edmonton exits the zone. The consistent tape to tape passes to an open man were impressive.

If we even make one of those a period I’m amazed.

John
Edmonton does make some pinpoint passing. We don't have that whatsoever. To counter poor passing, teams dump the puck on the boards. But we also don't have 6'3" 215 pound forwards.

Reactions: 70sSanO

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Kulikov going to get a couple of games for that hit I feel.

EDIT: Wow only 2 minutes for interference on review....that's wild.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
We really have seen se excellent goal tending in these playoffs. Igor is keeping the Rags in this thing big time

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Kulikov going to get a couple of games for that hit I feel.

EDIT: Wow only 2 minutes for interference on review....that's wild.

I didn't think it was that bad of a hit. There was some head contact, but the bulk was body.

I thought it was clean and didn’t even deserve a penalty. The puck wasn’t even half a second off Wennberg’s stick, he's leaning forward, Kulikov has his elbow tucked, doesn’t leave his feet and had already commited to the hit. I understand the onus is on the hitter, but not sure what you want Kulikov to do there.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
These playoffs show that if you need to think the puck is going the other way.

We look so far off from getting there.

John
Yep, been my biggest concern with Ducks teams for what seems like all the way back to end of Randy's 2nd tenure. Ducks players all think the game too damn slow, especially the veterans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad