Around the NHL (Part XIII): RIP Bob Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
For GMJR, I just don't get downgrading your roster and not saving any cap space at the same time.

That Neal trade truly was mystifying. It does not make sense, especially when literally half the league called with interest.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m
Sens GM Bryan Murray says he had a deal that made sense potentially with Nashville for Spezza but Spezza wouldn't waive to go there

This is going to get good :)

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 4m
Bryan Murray says he had a deal with Nashville that died because Spezza wouldn't go there. #Sens

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This is so funny.

Nashville has been trying to get a top-line center for 15 years. They finally thought they got their guy.

:laugh:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Question for you guys...

Not going to happen, but if a player requests a trade and has a NTC, do you think that NTC should no longer be effective?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Question for you guys...

Not going to happen, but if a player requests a trade and has a NTC, do you think that NTC should no longer be effective?

It'd be nice if a player did that, but they'd be under no contractural obligation do to so.

Also, gotta chuckle at the Spezza/Preds situation.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Sorry don't know this off the top of my head, but would they be a team who might be willing to retain some of that salary?

i think ottawa might... bc i think his real dollars are only 4m or 4.5 m right? i'm not sure how retention works with actual dollars paid out, but if they retain half i'd be down for spezza, steal at 3.5 hit.

i doubt bickell gets it done though :/

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bickell + Leddy (Maybe McNeill) for Spezza

Then hawks move Rozy and bring back Brookbank or another vet at 1M cap hit

Can fit Spezza for one year and carry extra skater + extra defender with a little bit of cap room left

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Didn't see that coming. Wonder what happens with Ehrhoff now. He's still a pretty good and solid D and perfect for the 2nd pairing

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper 17m
With #Leafs Reimer request 2b traded, strong speculation off #NHL draft floor were talks btw #Leafs / #Jets. Could b revisited at later date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad