Around the NHL, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Keep in mind that Pearson is suspended and Gaborik (and now Quick) are injured

Not that those guys are going to make a world of difference, but they help their W depth a good amount IMO

But yeah they've been hurting on the backend ever since Voynov's departure, and now the cap has kind of closed off any chance they had of replacing his impact with another similar player

edit: I think they also started off like 0-6 last year and looked like absolute trash in the process, I don't think the sky is falling for them. Assuming they get into the playoffs and are healthy, guys like Kopitar, Doughty, Carter, Quick have the ability to do damage. But they aren't nearly as deep as they used to be.

I think they need a year or two of blackhawk style cap management to have a window open up again. But when all of there physical character guys break down they are done. But not before that though. The problem right now for them is the mid west is loaded and I believe San Jose and Anaheim are clearly better than them now. But Edm/Calgary are gonna be coming for the #3 seed soon. Maybe not this year but without question in about 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad