Around the NHL Lucky #13 - A Sign of Things to Come?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
Parenteau was the only name of interest there and he's a great depth option at 1.25 million, except for the fact that Calgary does not have 1.25 million available. And even then, all it does is push Vey out of the lineup and Chiasson down to the fourth line.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Who knows, maybe the Flames put in a waiver claim on Griffith but lost out to Toronto. Bollig being waived but not sent down suggests the Flames were looking to create some flexibility if needed. Pushing Chiasson out of the lineup doesn't hurt either. Vey should be sent down regardless.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes, non roster injured reserve counts against the cap. At least according to the cap guru's in the BoH forum

From Cap Friendly:

[fieldset=Cap Friendly FAQ]What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?
If a player is injured during training-camp, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit
Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit
Players on a two-way contract, who accured 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL days in the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

When a player is reactivated to the active roster, their cap hit reverts back to the full rate

Full cap relief
Players who did not play any NHL games in the previous season can be placed on SOIR do not count against their teams cap hit.[/fieldset]

Of course, how much can we trust this given they don't know how to use apostrophes?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
From Cap Friendly:

[fieldset=Cap Friendly FAQ]What is the season opening injured reserve (SOIR)?
If a player is injured during training-camp, they can be placed on season-opening injured reserve, to possibly obtain cap relief. It is notable that the SOIR equations are not the same as the daily rate equations in CBA 15.6, which is instead used to calculate the players daily salary (as opposed to cap hit).

Full Cap Hit
Players who are on a one-way contract, or players on a two-way contract who accrued 50 or more NHL games in the previous season count fully against the cap hit. Teams can opt to place these players on LTIR to obtain cap-relief (LTIR FAQ).

Discounted Cap Hit
Players on a two-way contract, who accured 1-49 NHL games in the previous season, count against the teams cap hit; however, the reduced cap hit is calculated as follows:
Multiply the players NHL cap hit by the total accrued NHL days in the previous season, and divide by the total number of days in the previous season (Ex: 186 for 2014-15)

When a player is reactivated to the active roster, their cap hit reverts back to the full rate

Full cap relief
Players who did not play any NHL games in the previous season can be placed on SOIR do not count against their teams cap hit.[/fieldset]
Mouser lied to me

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Actually upon reading that again I don't think Pribyl qualifies. He wasn't hurt in training camp, he was already injured when they signed him. I think non-roster injured reserve and SOIR are slightly different after noticing that part

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Actually upon reading that again I don't think Pribyl qualifies. He wasn't hurt in training camp, he was already injured when they signed him. I think non-roster injured reserve and SOIR are slightly different after noticing that part

Oh, that's true. Well, is LTIR an option?

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
Simple math none of those site include Kulak or pribyl. Check my cap tracker in the contract thread

If Vey was send down with Bollig, we´d have 1625k, so ~580k if i subtract the negative amout of your daily cap tracker (thanks for creating it btw :) )

If Pribyl was send down (which is going to happen if not on any reserve list) it leaves about 1.5 mill.

So we could have picked someone up. But I respect the decision not to.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh, that's true. Well, is LTIR an option?

Not unless he is going to miss quite a while still. I forget how long he has to be out for LTIR. But since he's due to start skating soon, I doubt the league would pre-approve It

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Vey was send down with Bollig, we´d have 1625k, so ~580k if i subtract the negative amout of your daily cap tracker (thanks for creating it btw :) )

If Pribyl was send down (which is going to happen if not on any reserve list) it leaves about 1.5 mill.

So we could have picked someone up. But I respect the decision not to.
Pribyl cannot be sent down until medically cleared to play

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Alright, so you are (kinda) saying that the rules of the NHL f***** us?

Or do you think that it was the right move (not to pick someone up)
No one available is that good. There is literally not a single legitimate reason to be upset. To be quite honest, I would suggest that if you ever find yourself agreeing with Kent Wilson, it is time to re-evaluate what you are thinking.

And the rules didn't **** us, we signed a player that had just blown out his knee so Treliving knew this was a possibility.

Otzelor

Nov 29, 2015
No one available is that good. There is literally not a single legitimate reason to be upset.
And the rules didn't **** us, we signed a player that had just blown out his knee so Treliving knew this was a possibility.

Guess I´m going to take that out of context now and add this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino