OT: Around the NHL: Keep the trade talk to the other threads please

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
I'd post something but apparently literal accounts of interactions is considered trolling....nah, f*** it.

What a f***ing joke. I literally stated what me and my wife go through after a pens vs canucks game and apparently that is trolling. How?

Because the security at the arena stopped them a few times before they could strike us and I don't have a police report I'm trolling? Their shitty fan base literally riots each cup loss. There's a lot of hateful fans in that fan base.

Talk hockey? Trolling
Talk experience at a rink? Trolling
Talk about racism in hockey? Trolling
Talk about the lack of inclusion in hockey? Trolling

Demean women, be racist on the board, all f***ing good.
You are right. Like six 20 something punks wanted to mess me and my 13 year old boy up after a Canucks thumping of the Pens. Idiotic. Never had that problem in Boston, the Garden, or even Philly. Some weird, innate hostility in them parts?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
You are right. Like six 20 something punks wanted to mess me and my 13 year old boy up after a Canucks thumping of the Pens. Idiotic. Never had that problem in Boston, the Garden, or even Philly. Some weird, innate hostility in them parts?

It's like they get a tiny bit of booze in them and it's over, just a lot of anger.

10 players now at 100. We had 13 players hit it in the entire 2010s.
Makes what McSleptwithhisparentsuntil20 did a little less impressive.

• Haha
Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

BobCole

May 21, 2014
Just to add my anecdotal experience...

I was born in Vancouver and lived here most of my life. I've seen 20+ Pens vs. Nucks games in Vancouver, virtually always wearing a Pens jersey. Have never once had a problem. Sorry to hear what happened to you and your son :(

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
10 players now at 100. We had 13 players hit it in the entire 2010s.

This is why people really need to take what McDavid did this year with a bit more context than "OMG 150 points - confirmed second best player ever?!". When 10 players reach 100 points in that same season, including a second guy scoring 60 goals, then at the very least you have to think maybe the league wide scoring levels contributed to it.

It's like the 1992-93 season where everyone scored like 130 points and both Selanne and Mogilny scored 76 goals. Sure, it's impressive. But you also have to put the totals into context.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
Take half of Crosbys points and that's the headroom McDavid has to #3 Kucherov. That's Gretzky/Lemieux level of dominance over the peers.

That's the context you look at. It's very impressive and fun to see, especially since he's not in the division or conference.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
But looking at his age he's exiting his prime scoring years, so this is likely his career year. He'll probably comfortably pot 120 pts for the next five years, but he won't beat this year.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Take half of Crosbys points and that's the headroom McDavid has to #3 Kucherov. That's Gretzky/Lemieux level of dominance over the peers.

That's the context you look at. It's very impressive and fun to see, especially since he's not in the division or conference.

Yes that's impressive, but McDavid is still being outscored by Karlsson (defenseman) 5on5. When has that ever happened before?

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Best player in the world after 2012 got his 1,000 point last night. If only Sid could aspire to Claude's level of greatness!

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
This is why people really need to take what McDavid did this year with a bit more context than "OMG 150 points - confirmed second best player ever?!". When 10 players reach 100 points in that same season, including a second guy scoring 60 goals, then at the very least you have to think maybe the league wide scoring levels contributed to it.

It's like the 1992-93 season where everyone scored like 130 points and both Selanne and Mogilny scored 76 goals. Sure, it's impressive. But you also have to put the totals into context.
The Neanderthals in the league office will hate it and remove interference from the rule book next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad