OT: Around the NHL: Keep the trade talk to the other threads please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
1676316452449.png

1676316460336.png

That dude's f***in' awkward as shit. :laugh: Between that kinda stuff and looking at the inside of his ugly ass house, dude's gotta be a sociopath one bad day away from Patrick Bateman.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
View attachment 649757
View attachment 649758

That dude's f***in' awkward as shit. :laugh: Between that kinda stuff and looking at the inside of his ugly ass house, dude's gotta be a sociopath one bad day away from Patrick Bateman.
I mean in this case, the ladies grabbing him is pretty f***ing weird too.

Funny how the only big deals so far are the Horvat ones which was still jumping the gun imo for Vancouver, and the Tarasenko one which was somewhat insider trading with going to the team he wanted to because of his mate making it happen on the Rangers end. Outside of that, minor ones at best. Even the Chychrun one didn’t go as planned.

It’ll be a boring TDL

I hope Edmonton never wins a cup again.
100x this.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Sounds like Ovechkin could miss a few games for personal reasons.

They've got tough games this week (Carolina 2x and Florida)

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Say what we will about Tocchet but I admire him being candid about the defense. We all see it and he says it. Meanwhile the pens…

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Ovie going back to Russia could improve our playoff chances quite a bit. Lord knows Hextall isn’t going to do much to help the team.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
How could you think the Canucks wouldn't "have any issues" after the coaching change? They're fundamentally flawed. They played spirited hockey for a handful of games before reality set back in.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
How could you think the Canucks wouldn't "have any issues" after the coaching change? They're fundamentally flawed. They played spirited hockey for a handful of games before reality set back in.

The funny thing about them is that if they sort their defense they’re a playoff team. They have a deep offensive squad that has the worst defensive structure in the league and I think the Pens are not that much better but better than the worst defensive team in the league but that’s not saying a lot.

I think the issue Tocchet is going to have is that Sarge isn’t the bloke he wants in charge of that defense. Foote isn’t it either as his experience isn’t enough to guide that squad at all in that way. They really need to look at adding to that bench now and making the moves at the TDL and then hopefully move a forward for a top 4 as well.

I don’t get why they keep hanging on to Boeser. He’s either on the cusp of breaking out or doesn’t and that’s been his signature since his second year. That’s one you move now for a defenseman.

They need to be in on Gavrikov and Chychrun. They’re a bubble team that won’t draft Bedard no matter how badly they want him. So they might as well go in for some of the better defense available. Buying out Myers isn’t even worth it, they’re better off retaining on him and using a middle team to retain more to move him to a team that wants him. Retaining even 20% and another team doing 20% makes him a good pick up for a team like the Leafs who want him. He’d be a 3.8m cap hit then and the Canucks are on the hook for 1.2 vs 5.33m and another 333k for dead cap if they bought him out in the summer.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@BHD Honestly if I’m Allvin I maybe move Demko for Vejmelka and a pick or whatever. Just get out of that contract. He has Corey Schneider vibes with his injuries.

He’s had surgery on his hips dating back to 2015. This isn’t an issue that will ever be resolved for a goalie, it’ll only become more of an issue. I’d get out of that contract asap if I were them.

He has no clause that makes it hard to move him either. I’d do Demko for Vej and a late pick and be done with it.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The funny thing about them is that if they sort their defense they’re a playoff team. They have a deep offensive squad that has the worst defensive structure in the league and I think the Pens are not that much better but better than the worst defensive team in the league but that’s not saying a lot.

I think the issue Tocchet is going to have is that Sarge isn’t the bloke he wants in charge of that defense. Foote isn’t it either as his experience isn’t enough to guide that squad at all in that way. They really need to look at adding to that bench now and making the moves at the TDL and then hopefully move a forward for a top 4 as well.

I don’t get why they keep hanging on to Boeser. He’s either on the cusp of breaking out or doesn’t and that’s been his signature since his second year. That’s one you move now for a defenseman.

They need to be in on Gavrikov and Chychrun. They’re a bubble team that won’t draft Bedard no matter how badly they want him. So they might as well go in for some of the better defense available. Buying out Myers isn’t even worth it, they’re better off retaining on him and using a middle team to retain more to move him to a team that wants him. Retaining even 20% and another team doing 20% makes him a good pick up for a team like the Leafs who want him. He’d be a 3.8m cap hit then and the Canucks are on the hook for 1.2 vs 5.33m and another 333k for dead cap if they bought him out in the summer.

I would have hired a coach with a better track record to turn that defense around. Furthermore, the only guys I'd keep are Hughes (obviously), Bear, and Rathbone. Maybe you keep Burroughs as a depth guy as well. The rest, though, should either be traded (OEL, Myers, Poolman) or buried (Juulsen, Stillman).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I would have hired a coach with a better track record to turn that defense around. Furthermore, the only guys I'd keep are Hughes (obviously), Bear, and Rathbone. Maybe you keep Burroughs as a depth guy as well. The rest, though, should either be traded (OEL, Myers, Poolman) or buried (Juulsen, Stillman).
Agreed. That defense has a lot of nothing after Hughes and the ones worth keeping is really not even that dire to keep but of the bunch they’re the ones worthwhile.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
My God, Chicago sucks. It's like none of their players even understand where they're supposed to be in the defensive zone.
That entire team is designed to land Bedard, mate.

Which is f***ing stupid as shit because Bettman is a bloody f***ing shit eating loser. The Hawks shouldn’t have a single first round pick for a decade for the Aldrich bullshit. But here we are, likely seeing them rewarded with a franchise player come lottery draft.

If they pick Bedard the best I can hope for in the pettiest f***ing way possible is that he busts like Gilbert Brule or Nolan Patrick.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Chris Johnston
@reporterchris
Olli Maatta's two-year extension with the #redwings carries a $3M AAV.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
They are missing some players but hell do the Capitals stink.

Their fans bringing up Mantha and Oshie as trade-able players like anyone in their right mind would want their contracts right now.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
They are missing some players but hell do the Capitals stink.

Their fans bringing up Mantha and Oshie as trade-able players like anyone in their right mind would want their contracts right now.

If they miss out don’t be surprised by them moving Hathaway and someone else for a ton of picks and suddenly drafting top tier talent to go along with McMichael and Lapierre..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad