Around the NHL - Episode XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
If the Habs hold on and win this series, I'll donate $50 to the Montreal Canadiens Children's Foundation.

That is how much karma I am willing to put up to make this victory happen.
So people know I'm not a welcher:

VlAxnfN.png

Is this forum working now?

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I just went from a die hard habs fan to hoping they get swept by the jets. Then I'll hope the jets get rocked because i dont want another canadian team to win the cup before we do.

I've got a whole "The enemy of my enemy was my friend but now he's my enemy, playing against his enemy, who is now my friend, but that will change soon when he plays against my acquaintance" thing going on.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
18 games without a goal for Marner in the playoffs

Those are some serious jello spine performances

The kid can play an entire playoff series and not have a hair out of place by the end of it. He is not the type of player you want if you want a Cup. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you won't get your nose dirty in the post season, you'll never win anything.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I just went from a die hard habs fan to hoping they get swept by the jets. Then I'll hope the jets get rocked because i dont want another canadian team to win the cup before we do.

I've got a whole "The enemy of my enemy was my friend but now he's my enemy, playing against his enemy, who is now my friend, but that will change soon when he plays against my acquaintance" thing going on.
Yea I never understood the "bring home the cup to Canada" thing. I'd want Ottawa and only Ottawa to do that.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Listening to the SN590 postgame stuff, and it was genuinely hard to listen to Campbell's presser.

He sounds like a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve, and put a lot of the blame on himself. He wasn't the reason the Leafs blew this series.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
It is pretty crazy how history seems to keep repeating itself for the Leafs. I don't know how their fanbase endures it all.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Yea I never understood the "bring home the cup to Canada" thing. I'd want Ottawa and only Ottawa to do that.

The only good thing about a Western Canadian team winning the cup would be that Montreal/Toronto wouldn't get to brag about ending the drought. Although out of the remaining teams I probably cheer against Winnipeg unless they play Boston, and maybe Tampa or Colorado.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I can't believe some of you were cheering for the Leafs. Look at all this incredible chaos.

You're telling me the alternative would have been better?

The Leafs losing in the 1st round once again is the next best thing to the Sens winning a playoff series of their own.

Add the fact that it was to my local team and I was just on cloud nine all night.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad