Around the NHL - Episode XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Hopefully the Canucks can win their one remaining game against Calgary. I think (based on a quick glance of the Standings) that would move us from the 9th overall selection to the 8th.

Go Nucks Go.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hopefully the Canucks can win their one remaining game against Calgary. I think (based on a quick glance of the Standings) that would move us from the 9th overall selection to the 8th.

Go Nucks Go.

Seattle will bump us down one spot, so we're currently sitting 10th with the possibility of entering the lottery with the 9th pick.

Reactions: Cosmix

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Seattle will bump us down one spot, so we're currently sitting 10th with the possibility of entering the lottery with the 9th pick.
Ah yes - forgot about the Kraken. I was trying so hard to be optimistic I guess.

I need another cup of coffee. LOL.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
damn would make a lot more sense if they were in the draft only after completing a season.

I think the high choice was to reflect that they are a new team with no talent except for what they might get in the Expansion Draft which is likely to result in a bottom quartile team. However, The Knights experience shows that the assumption is false and that they can assemble a good team from the Expansion Draft and wheeling and dealing. So, . . . giving new entrants a spot at 3rd pick seems to over-compensate them while hurting the teams that were bad in the last season. Perhaps pick #16 or thereabouts with a lottery chance would be more appropriate. But I hate the lottery too because it penalizes bad teams.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
There's going to be an upset win in the first round and I'm really hoping it's either Winnipeg or Montreal, just for the lols.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well a lot of us thought this team would be dead last in the NHL this season & they ended up better than 9 other teams. That in itself is progress & if they can improve on that next season would continue to move towards a playoff spot & hopefully further than just making it into the playoffs.

Reactions: Beville

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Boston playing Zombie Nation after every goal is giving me painful flashbacks to 2004 game 7 vs the Leafs.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Winnipeg and Edmonton are totally on the same level for me. It could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised at all. It's just that the Jets had a cold streak towards the end of the season and everyone think the Oilers are automatically the favorite.

I mean Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers, Wheeler, Dubois, Copp, Stastny, Perreault, Appleton, Lowry... great forward squad

But anyway, don't see anyone stoping the Avs... maybe Tampa or Carolina? They could win a few cups in the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad