OT: Around the NHL: Countdown to the Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Like I said, everything is slowly slipping away in the final 10...

MacKinnon is on a tear, McDavid is being set up to pile the points on, Ovie will explode again sooner or later, Laine isn’t going away, and now Karlssonn is storming into contention for the Rocket...

And that’s just for Geno’s awards. If the Caps win today, say goodbye to the division...

Plodding along for 2/3 of the season will do that for you...

They’re not Geno’s awards. He has to play the games to earn them. There are games left.

Have some fun, the team will likely never experience success like this ever again before you die.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
They’re not Geno’s awards. He has to play the games to earn them. There are games left.

Have some fun, the team will likely never experience success like this ever again before you die.

Well, if your 15 years old, there is a chance.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Turin and Tom Hanks

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As long as McDavid does not win I don't care tbh.

Yeah, if Geno doesn't win, I hope either Kuch or MacKinnon win it.

Having said that, watch McDavid rattle off a 4-point third period while Kucherov gets injured and Geno gets food poisoning watching the game on TV.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Definitely. Too many people just refuse to live in the moment and enjoy what we have. Always wanting more.

Reactions: Turin and BHD

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, if Geno doesn't win, I hope either Kuch or MacKinnon win it.

Having said that, watch McDavid rattle off a 4-point third period while Kucherov gets injured and Geno gets food poisoning watching the game on TV.
Watch him be 5 points down in the final game of the season and get a 6 point 3rd period.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Watch him be 5 points down in the final game of the season and get a 6 point 3rd period.

You know EDM will play him the entire 60 min, on defense or in goal if they have to, that final game of the season if he’s down in the AR race by a few points....

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You know EDM will play him the entire 60 min, on defense or in goal if they have to, that final game of the season if he’s down in the AR race by a few points....

Good. Let them wear him down all for individual awards. Who gives a shit. Pens can play Geno 17 minutes a night and let him dominate once playoffs come along AND play longer for his career.

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

I don't doubt for a second that's what will happen. I saw the other night McDavid played something like 27+ minutes in a 60 minute game (didn't even go to OT).

Note, this isn't even meant as a knock on McDavid. He's a tremendous talent and kudos to him to have the stamina to still be effective even while playing 23, 25, 27 minutes per night. It's more about the Oilers and them seeing to place more importance on making sure he wins the Art Ross than on coming up with a lineup and strategy that wins games.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Darn, Ovi scored again....
G needs to get off the schneid on Tuesday because it looks like he’ll need to make up some ground....

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This Philly/Washington game is going to be a 3-point game, isn't it?

Damn it, Philly. The ONE time I'm cheering for a Flyers win, they'll probably blow it (or wait until OT or SO to win it).

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
All I care about for the playoffs is having home ice. Don't care who the penguins play or what place they finish. Just get the home ice.
Pretty much this. If we lose, we lose but we should not be afraid to play anyone, you gotta prove you're the best by winning it all even facing off against teams that aren't a good matchup for you. Shit happens, adapt and keep on winning.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Pretty much this. If we lose, we lose but we should not be afraid to play anyone, you gotta prove you're the best by winning it all even facing off against teams that aren't a good matchup for you. **** happens, adapt and keep on winning.

That's a reason I'm watching games all like...
Ace+Ventura+3.gif

Philly winning is good, but if the penguins don't finish strong and lose 2nd to the flyers or someone else... that's bad.

Last 2 cup wins the penguins beat the best of the east. Not really any easy series. Well... aside from the Sharks. They got smoked.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think it’s established by now that I’m not a fan of Philadelphia’s team makeup, but damn I’d give a lot to get a player like Provorov into the Pens defensive mix.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Well Philly is trying hard not to make this a 3 point game which is nice.

I am sorry but I am not afraid of anyone in the Metro, except the Devils. The Pens have 2 more games against NJ to make me think otherwise. Hopefully they can show that they can match up with them.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Well Philly is trying hard not to make this a 3 point game which is nice.

I am sorry but I am not afraid of anyone in the Metro, except the Devils. The Pens have 2 more games against NJ to make me think otherwise. Hopefully they can show that they can match up with them.

These sentiments must look funny to the outside. Imagine the Devils, except they had Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Letang instead of just Hall. That’s how other fans look at the Penguins.

Reactions: SirBrad

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Darn, Kucherov with another goal....
That’s good to prevent McDavid from getting the AR, but bad for Geno....

Reactions: SirBrad

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
These sentiments must look funny to the outside. Imagine the Devils, except they had Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Letang instead of just Hall. That’s how other fans look at the Penguins.

Agreed but they have to show some sort of life against the Devils or it's hard to have confidence.

Without that said, in a 7 game series I am pretty sure the Penguins win the race to 4 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad