OT: Around the NHL: "Aaaaah, Ricky Bobby! Now we shall dance. And yes, it will be a slow jam."

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
We have reached the end times, folks. Winnipeg is #1 in the league atm.
FIM92-Stinger-replacement-1.jpg

On it

• Haha
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I have zero sympathy for the Flyers even if the player is being a jerk. Not only because of the Lindros situation but Michkov pretty much did the same thing.

Reactions: Ignatius

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I mean, the Flyers have arguably been a bottom-5 franchise since like 2015. Hextall and Fletcher were hugely responsible but I don't blame anybody for not wanting to go to that franchise. Especially with Torts behind the bench. /shrug

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I’d want to play for a guy like Torts if I was established and knew my squad needed a culture change. He’s a good guy away from the rink and while it runs thin in the long term, I have no issues with his style.

That said - can totally see how for a young guy it’s sketchy. NHL careers are so fragile, even for top 5 picks. Dude might bury you- and that might be it in terms of your best shot at a role high up the lineup.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
The thing with Torts is that he's f***in' full of shit. He barks and talks about accountability but he's coasted along as an NHL coach having won the Cup once 20 years ago. He's the poster boy for getting opportunities he doesn't deserve for about a decade now.

Maybe that's why he's so loud, it's a projection thing. /shrug

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Was Torts asked about why they didn't win last night? Just curious if he credited the Pens with having bigger balls.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Maybe Cutter didn't want to sign with the Flyers because he grew up a massive Penguins fan.

LOL, kidding about the why, but he literally is a big Pens fan. Imagine if he says no to the Ducks too and actually does sign with the Pens.

Noice.

The thing with Torts is that he's f***in' full of shit. He barks and talks about accountability but he's coasted along as an NHL coach having won the Cup once 20 years ago. He's the poster boy for getting opportunities he doesn't deserve for about a decade now.

Good thing we have his protégé who is also insanely overrated.

I have zero sympathy for the Flyers even if the player is being a jerk. Not only because of the Lindros situation but Michkov pretty much did the same thing.

Michkov, I don't know what this situation was. I sort of remember a Russian player having some issue but then magically being better or punished back in Russia or something odd? There were too many opinion pieces at the time and not even facts.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We have reached the end times, folks. Winnipeg is #1 in the league atm.
f*** the Jets. The fact that Chevy is still allowed to work in the NHL is a f***ing joke.

Also that Dubois trade for Vilardi was dumb from the Kings side and it still is. I was high on that prospect for a reason, the kid is f***ing good. Real good.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I mean, the Flyers have arguably been a bottom-5 franchise since like 2015. Hextall and Fletcher were hugely responsible but I don't blame anybody for not wanting to go to that franchise. Especially with Torts behind the bench. /shrug
Fletcher is who f***ed the team up. Fletcher f***ed the Wild up before he was fired there too,- legit shitty exec. Hextall really didn't and I'm not going to be some wet blanket like Rossi and Yohe with that bs. Most of the solid players Philly has that are of any value on that roster are from his drafting. Also he did a pretty damn good job in LA. The issue is the Flyers and their culture. They hold on to that culture like it means more than moving forward and being better. Sanheim, Hart, Farabee, Frost etc and he had to shed a ton of big bloated contracts and a lot of players that wanted off the team as well.

That culture hasn't won them anything since 1974.

Blokes want to hang his entire tenure on the Nolan Patrick pick.

Dubas doesn't exactly come with a ton of success with his drafting and the goalie issue he left in Toronto is still present. Easy to focus on the shit and with Hextall I get blokes don't want to talk about the wins. The issue with any gm in charge of the Pens with Sully is the Gms can't make this Sullivan's team because no such thing exists to fix a coach this pig headed with his usage.

JR basically lost his mind trying to find the right players for Sullivan and quit before he was going to get fired, took the AGM with him and the coaches that were more responsible for Pens' style than the current coach and is thriving heavily in Vancouver.

Hextall got the blame for so much shit he didn't do and then didn't really do much to really push things forward because there wasn't much to use to do it and did get some decent bottom 6 talent only for Sullivan to f*** it up and was fired.

Dubas added bottom 6 vets and Sullivan still chose to use the wrong ones, a solid prospect that we were happy to get back decided f*** this and went back to Europe and now we have to see Sullivan keep playing Acciari and Harkins instead.

Puustinen doubled his playing time but again, on the wrong f***ing line.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Boeser's made me eat crow. 50 goal pace right now. Didn't see that comin.

I feel like his father's health and loss messed with him a great deal and why he was playing very inconsistently and at times had trade rumors and other bs swirling around him that likely didn't help. Under Tocc, he's really been thriving. He looks like the winger we wanted here knowing he'd rebound and he's at a great cap hit - Hankinson also reps his mate, Jake.

Everything on the Canucks has been humming along for 40 games now. Goaltending, defense, offense....Teddy B is on the pace the few fans here of his like myself, knew he could do when he first broke onto the Pens before Sullivan destroyed him.

Brock is going to murder the Pens. He always does.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Canucks are laying waste to the Metro…going to be a bad one Thursday lol

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
The Sharks are unfathomably bad. Like would any of those guys go for ANYTHING at the deadline?

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

Tortorella had CBJ wildly overperforming. Don't buy this at all.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I feel like his father's health and loss messed with him a great deal and why he was playing very inconsistently and at times had trade rumors and other bs swirling around him that likely didn't help. Under Tocc, he's really been thriving. He looks like the winger we wanted here knowing he'd rebound and he's at a great cap hit - Hankinson also reps his mate, Jake.

Everything on the Canucks has been humming along for 40 games now. Goaltending, defense, offense....Teddy B is on the pace the few fans here of his like myself, knew he could do when he first broke onto the Pens before Sullivan destroyed him.

Brock is going to murder the Pens. He always does.
He's shooting 22%. Likely a career outlier year but he's doing real well.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
If you had to win a recent cup to be allowed to hold players accountable… only like 5 coaches would get anything done. Torts has gotten results every single stop of his career. A lot of his former players like him for a reason.

I hated him when he was with CBJ but I think he’s honest and that I’d wanna play for him.

Reactions: BHD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad