Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The caveat to return a franchise to Arizona reads like "when pigs fly". I mean the whole reason the Coyotes are Mayflowering to Utah is they could never ever figure out their stadium.

PS: Anyway, looking forward to the new Utah Hip Hop.
I think it could, but it won't be with the same owner. I think when Bettman goes back its going to be because they have all their ducks in a row and he feels 100% confident the owner(s) are not going to be any issue at all.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I think it could, but it won't be with the same owner. I think when Bettman goes back its going to be because they have all their ducks in a row and he feels 100% confident the owner(s) are not going to be any issue at all.
The way I understood it, the same owner is keeping the rights to the "Arizona Coyotes" franchise. The franchise is otherwise mothballed. But it would resurrect with the same owner should said owner somehow figure out how to get someone to build him a posh stadium, etc.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The way I understood it, the same owner is keeping the rights to the "Arizona Coyotes" franchise. The franchise is otherwise mothballed. But it would resurrect with the same owner should said owner somehow figure out how to get someone to build him a posh stadium, etc.
If he does, I hope the resurrection is prompt and that he subsequently sells the team to Arizona-based interests promptly and then gets the hell out of the way and out of our lives.

• Haha
Reactions: Kat Predator

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If he does, I hope the resurrection is prompt and that he subsequently sells the team to Arizona-based interests promptly and then gets the hell out of the way and out of our lives.
I can't see him sticking with it through the long haul. He's already getting a massive check despite doing nothing positive for the franchise, and I suspect he will take this opportunity to gouge 8-9 figures more out of an actual potential owner to hand over the Yotes rights. f***ing grifter.

Last edited:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I hope that Arizona gets their crap together and actually do get a franchise back within 5 years. I also hope that the other expansion team goes in to Houston. That would open an opportunity for Bettman to move the Preds to the Eastern conference.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I hope that Arizona gets their crap together and actually do get a franchise back within 5 years. I also hope that the other expansion team goes in to Houston. That would open an opportunity for Bettman to move the Preds to the Eastern conference.
Was it 22 that they were booted out of Glendale? Just seems like theyve already been doing this for a while and have gotten nowhere. Maybe this is what ownership needs to actually get something done.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not playoff related but something tells me Devin Cooleys time in the NHL has come to an end. Glad he got a few games and a couple of wins

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not surprised. Joey acted like he didn't want to play in the NHL half the time, he sure as heck ain't going to go back to riding a bus in the AHL.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
I don’t doubt that he has chronic pain he’s been playing through. Seems reasonable that going from a contender to the AHL would make him say it’s not worth it to deal with anymore.
Exactly. When you are on a stanley cup contender and battling for playoff supremacy, you are going to be willing to deal with alot more of thise aches and pains. Get sent to the AHL? Pffft nope. I imagine even if Philly was willing to keep him on the roster and play him he might of still battled through for playoff spots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad