Around the NHL 2023 - Playoffs 2024

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
f*** it, it feels dirty, but I'll pull for the Jets in this round. Their loud fans have mellowed a bit since '17-'18 and I've probably seen more of their fans propping our guys the last few months than most other fanbases. Anything to send Macdouchebag and lettuce boy the GOAT home early works for me.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
In the first 5 games played:

4 of 5 home teams scored first (Avs first road team to score first)

4 of 5 home teams got the first power play (Caps first road team to get the first PP)

4 home teams have won (5th game still in progress)

This is all indicative of absolutely nothing, but makes me nervous for our game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Geez, I don't know who takes away what from this one. If you're the Jets, your offense was buzzing and you managed to win when Helly gives up 6...but Helly gave up 6! If you're the Avs, you lost but managed to put 6 by Helly, but despite putting 6 past Helly you still lost. Wacky, wacky game.

Reactions: SouthNash

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hellebuyck in the room pregame: "Gonna need seven tonight boys"

Geez, I don't know who takes away what from this one. If you're the Jets, your offense was buzzing and you managed to win when Helly gives up 6...but Helly gave up 6! If you're the Avs, you lost but managed to put 6 by Helly, but despite putting 6 past Helly you still lost. Wacky, wacky game.
Avs are in deep shit. Yeah, Helle gave up 6, on 45 shots.

Georgiev gave up 7 on 23 shots. 0.696 Save%.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
In the first 5 games played:

4 of 5 home teams scored first (Avs first road team to score first)

4 of 5 home teams got the first power play (Caps first road team to get the first PP)

4 home teams have won (5th game still in progress)

This is all indicative of absolutely nothing, but makes me nervous for our game.
After 6 games:

4 of 6 home teams scored first

5 of 6 home teams got the first power play

6 of 6 home teams won.

It's just crazy how the games mostly followed the same script.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
After 6 games:

6 of 6 home teams won.

I feel like there was a postseason not too many years ago where it was almost opposite (and like 7 of 8 series it was the road team). Funny what patterns show up come playoff time.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
After 6 games:

6 of 6 home teams won.

I wonder how many times in history the home team went 6-0 in the first 6 games of round 1? Doubt it happened very often. And also a side note- there have been 14 NBA/NHL playoff games played so far and the home teams are 14-0. That is crazy

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I wonder how many times in history the home team went 6-0 in the first 6 games of round 1? Doubt it happened very often. And also a side note- there have been 14 NBA/NHL playoff games played so far and the home teams are 14-0. That is crazy
For what it's worth, here's what ChatGPT said :) ...

"As of my last update in January 2022, I don't have specific data on every instance of home teams going 6-0 in the first six games of round 1 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. However, I can tell you that such a scenario is relatively rare due to the competitive nature of the NHL playoffs, where teams are typically evenly matched. It would require a significant coincidence or a unique set of circumstances for all home teams to win in the first six games of round 1. If this has happened, it would likely be documented in NHL records or statistics databases."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad