Around the NHL - 2023 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Defenseman Adam Fox will wear an A on his sweater during the season after being named the team’s fifth alternate captain. He will join forwards Mika Zibanejad, Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, and Barclay Goodrow to serve under captain idiot Jacob Trouba.
Should have 3 max. Also weird that Goodrow had one before Fox

Reactions: mdj12784

TF1970

May 9, 2021
Bogosian on waivers today from TBL. He was a guy I wondered if they would inquire on for what they ended up acquiring Miller for. Hindsight is 20/20 and it was only a 5th round pick, but turns out could have had Bogosian for free, and he is as good if not a little better than Miller overall IMO.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Bogosian on waivers today from TBL. He was a guy I wondered if they would inquire on for what they ended up acquiring Miller for. Hindsight is 20/20 and it was only a 5th round pick, but turns out could have had Bogosian for free, and he is as good if not a little better than Miller overall IMO.
I'm not gonna cry about it, in part cause I always liked Miller. I also don't think the team wanted to be in a place where if Nemec had a bad camp they were forced to find a RHD solution. I prefer being proactive there.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Fighting the urge to bump a random Simon Benoit thread on the main board. Some random guy was convinced that Benoit was a monster based on his hit numbers from last season and said he was the similar to Radko Gudas. I pointed out that he only played 19 minutes a game since it was Anaheim and that his hit numbers might be more indicative that he was chasing the puck more often than not. Poster said that was BS and that every team would want a guy like Benoit; That was also funny since the thread was very late in the offseason before Benoit landed a league minimum deal with Toronto.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Defenseman Adam Fox will wear an A on his sweater during the season after being named the team’s fifth alternate captain. He will join forwards Mika Zibanejad, Artemi Panarin, Chris Kreider, and Barclay Goodrow to serve under captain idiot Jacob Trouba.

you get an A...you get an A...you get an A..you get an A...everybody gets an A! :scared:

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
counting-dave-chappelle.gif

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
What the heck happened to Colin White, I remember when he had that year in Ottawa
I always thought he was destined to be a JAG at best, but even I didn't expect him to fall off so hard and so fast. Smart pickup by Pittsburgh though, he could be a big help if he could bring a tiny bit of offense to that bottom 6. And I trust Johnston more than most other coaches in the league to use someone like White the right way.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Tampa claiming Jones seems all too predictable.

Unless they’re banking on Alex Lyon to be waived by Detroit today.

In Elliotte Friedman's column last week, one exec put out the possibility of Tampa claiming Malcolm Subban; Blues waived him today. The loose connection was that Subban played well (.921 sv%) in beating Tampa's AHL club in the playoffs last year.

I suppose in a vacuum I'd rather take Jones.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Its better to spend 5th round pick for Miller at the time we made a trade, then wait for waivers and hope that there will be Bogosian or better player. Bogosian could be better player, but it would be much worser management decision.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
That's a fine deal for Dahlin. I know Makar and Fox and McAvoy are all underpaid, but defense salaries are gonna be widely above that in just a few years.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Edit: I forgot that he is older than I thought and he was bridged once, so this is mostly a UFA deal. Still on the high side though, but not as much as I was thinking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad