Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
I love the idea of hockey in Utah, it fits the area. There are some weird laws that I wonder how they would affect concessions but the NBA has worked so thats probably a nothing-burger.

The AZ arena thing has been very weird to watch. Getting kicked out of an arena, no cities wanting the team in their zip code, playing in a 5000 seat college arena. Its like the state is saying "we dont want you", yet they continued to persist. Now they are talking about moving the team only to turn around in like 4-5 years and putting an expansion team there.

Im also curious about the amount of teams were going to end up having int he league. As far as I know, the NHL already has the most teams out of any league. Does that start to water down the product? You start to include guys on the roster that belong in the AHL. Whats the goal? 38 teams? 42? 50?
It's the same old story of having an absolutely shit owner poison the well for a franchise in a particular area. Atlanta 2.0 failed for a similar reason. Except in the Coyotes' case, it's been a non-stop cavalcade of nightmare owners leading up to Meruelo, the worst one of them all.

If you have Athletic access, Katie Strang did a very damning expose of Meruelo and his way of "conducting" business back in 2021, which basically seems to suggest that he follows the Donald Trump school of never paying anything until strong-armed into it by someone stronger.

There's now even a rumour going around that the league's main office had to force Meruelo to pay outstanding payments to hoteliers for the Yotes' stays. That's a dismally bad look. Even worse? The Tempe campaign that was supposed to save the franchise, except this prick didn't spend a penny to actually campaign for his idea to the citizens of Tempe who genuinely would have benefited of it.

The Coyotes are dead. And it's thanks to a series of cretins being let into the cockpit, courtesy of the NHL.

I'm genuinely angry. I liked the Yotes. This feels like a group of rich wankers stole our little brother.

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
Shock horror that Stone has been cleared to begin practice for Vegas. Ridiculous that the NHL won't clamp down on this bullshit.

I will literally be unbearable the day that Vegas are a terrible hockey team, and it can't come a moment too soon.
F the Yotes! Bunch of dirty, diving bitches.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Shock horror that Stone has been cleared to begin practice for Vegas. Ridiculous that the NHL won't clamp down on this bullshit.

I will literally be unbearable the day that Vegas are a terrible hockey team, and it can't come a moment too soon.
why would they clamp down on it? it's exactly what they want. they are absolutely thrilled it's the Knights pulling this shit.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
f*** it, let's just get to 40 teams!
Why stop there ? Let's try to get to 50 because Bettman wouldn't stop if he could get to 40 he'd keep going. McDavid will score 300 points because of all the teams with AHL level goalies and 3rd pair Dmen playing top pair minutes lol. Matthews with an 100 goal season.

Salt Lake
Milwaukee
Portland
Atlanta
Phoenix
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
New Orleans
Quebec City
Regina
Hamilton
Yellowknife
Halifax
St.Johns
London, Ontario
Albuquerque
Montgomery
Jackson
Louisville
Richmond
Little Rock
Boise
Mexico City
Des Moines
Hartford
Guanajuato

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Why stop there ? Let's try to get to 50 because Bettman wouldn't stop if he could get to 40 he'd keep going. McDavid will score 300 points because of all the teams with AHL level goalies and 3rd pair Dmen playing top pair minutes lol. Matthews with an 100 goal season.

Salt Lake
Milwaukee
Portland
Atlanta
Phoenix
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
New Orleans
Quebec City
Regina
Hamilton
Yellowknife
Halifax
St.Johns
London, Ontario
Albuquerque
Montgomery
Jackson
Louisville
Richmond
Little Rock
Boise
Mexico City
Des Moines
Hartford
Guanajuato

Bettman wouldn't be that crazy. No way he wants an NHL in Quebec :sarcasm:

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf

Salt Lake
Milwaukee
Portland
Atlanta
Phoenix
Houston
Indianapolis
Kansas City
New Orleans
Quebec City
Regina
Hamilton
Yellowknife
Halifax
St.Johns
London, Ontario
Albuquerque
Montgomery
Jackson
Louisville
Richmond
Little Rock
Boise
Mexico City
Des Moines
Hartford
Guanajuato
I'm sorry, but we need to expand to Europe first.

Four teams in Sweden, Finland, Czechia, Switzerland, Slovakia and Germany each. Then some more teams in Austria, France, Latvia, Norway with two each. Makes 32 teams, we got ourselves an NHL Europe Conference. Yay!

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'm sorry, but we need to expand to Europe first.

Four teams in Sweden, Finland, Czechia, Switzerland, Slovakia and Germany each. Then some more teams in Austria, France, Latvia, Norway with two each. Makes 32 teams, we got ourselves an NHL Europe Conference. Yay!
Berlin, Munich, Cologne and Hamburg ? Or more spread out to cover more area ?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I want us to have a high draft pick, but I think we suck with our non-top10 picks anyway. So screw it, will be cheering for EDM over LA and VGK.

Edit: because of Blueger and Silovs I'm actually gonna be cheering for VAN. But EDM is my close second. McDavid, Drai, Rico, Carrick, PEARS – so many players to like there

Reactions: JAHV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad