Around the NHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Sounds like next expansions will be Arizona/Atlanta, because there is no such thing as a lesson learned.
Honestly both locations didn't really get a good shot with the owners they had.

Arizona is 100% a good location for a team. The population is growing super fast, there are already hockey fans, etc. Better Arizona then Milwaukee.

Part of expansion should REQUIRE an actual hockey arena. Not a basketball arena that they play in, but a true investment into the team's longevity.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
agreed

coyotes were doomed from the start with their arena issues and later on, having to endure one shit owner after another. same thing with the thrashers in regards to ownership. ted turner didn't want to spend a dime on them and then they were sold to a group that only bought them because they had to and began looking for a buyer right away

with owners who care and an arena for the coyotes, both markets could succeed

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I lived in Arizona for college, and I can’t attest to the fact that the arena in Glendale was a chore to get to. Even for like $20 lower bowl tickets it still was at times more annoying than it was worth to go all the way out there. They have the market, they just need a centralized arena.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Arizona is 100% a good location for a team. The population is growing super fast, there are already hockey fans, etc. Better Arizona then Milwaukee.

Part of expansion should REQUIRE an actual hockey arena. Not a basketball arena that they play in, but a true investment into the team's longevity.
The next Arizona expansion will have the same ownership group, that's the major problem. He's not allowed to sell the right to the next expansions team, either.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
He lives out of god's light and by consequences outside of his love
1713289007493.png

• Haha
Reactions: duckaroosky

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC

agreed

coyotes were doomed from the start with their arena issues and later on, having to endure one shit owner after another. same thing with the thrashers in regards to ownership. ted turner didn't want to spend a dime on them and then they were sold to a group that only bought them because they had to and began looking for a buyer right away

with owners who care and an arena for the coyotes, both markets could succeed

I lived in Arizona for college, and I can’t attest to the fact that the arena in Glendale was a chore to get to. Even for like $20 lower bowl tickets it still was at times more annoying than it was worth to go all the way out there. They have the market, they just need a centralized arena.

Part of the problem with AZ too is their infrastructure. Its why the mayor of Scottsdale said absolutely not. The ownership just wants to build anything, anywhere, and doesnt seem to care that the infrastructure cant handle it. The cities are more worried about what that does to traffic and the living of their residents.

Sounds like ownership has just been trying to throw money around without thinking of the impact on the city itself.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The next Arizona expansion will have the same ownership group, that's the major problem. He's not allowed to sell the right to the next expansions team, either.
Zero chance he is the owner for the next AZ team. AZ should be a priority for the NHL, but the owner has zero chance of making it happen. He will have to build an arena with his own money (something they have been trying to do for over 20 years now) AND pay the NHL back the 1 billion in 5 years. AFter the 5 years they can go with another owner and he loses the rights to the Coyote branding.

I would give it 10-1 odds against Muruelo being involved in the next iteration of the AZ hockey team.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The headband is just keep his face attached at this point.

Wait, is this serious?
Part of the sale from Arizona to the NHL is an expansion team back to Arizona within five years as long as an arena deal is found.

Here is a link with information on the recent Atlanta expansion request.

Reactions: Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Part of the sale from Arizona to the NHL is an expansion team back to Arizona within five years as long as an arena deal is found.

Here is a link with information on the recent Atlanta expansion request.
giphy.gif

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Nashville is just a terrible, terrible matchup for Vancouver. Canucks fans are way too overconfident right now, the Preds could very well stifle that lineup of theirs.

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Judging by people's reactions, I thought he was eating ranch by the spoon or putting it on his pasta or something. I saw nothing wrong with any of what he did on the video. The pasta toppings were eccentric, to be sure, but it didn't sound bad. And maybe it's a little bit of overkill on the amount of ranch, but ranch with grilled chicken is very tasty.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Judging by people's reactions, I thought he was eating ranch by the spoon or putting it on his pasta or something. I saw nothing wrong with any of what he did on the video. The pasta toppings were eccentric, to be sure, but it didn't sound bad. And maybe it's a little bit of overkill on the amount of ranch, but ranch with grilled chicken is very tasty.
i think you'd enjoy this recipe

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

Ketchup on the pasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad