Around the NHL 2023-24 - playoff thread

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I knew it was the first game, I didn’t realize it was a pair…my goodness, the fire Lindy chants of two years ago might be fire Fitz this time if we come home 0-2

Or we can be positive and think that Holtz scores a goal or two and stares down Lindy on the way back to the bench lol

:laugh: Of course they did.

This is like us bringing back Lemaire after we ran out of other options.

Lemaire was twice the coach Lindy is lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I first called this over 2 years ago when it looked like Ruff's time here was over and that he would be fired following the 2021-2022 season.

Although at the time Don Granato was not on the hot seat, so maybe it wouldn't have happened had we fired him then.

This was kind of easy to see coming. I thought he'd be back there as an assistant coach for sure once everyone was cleaned out last week.

I bet they've been talking to Lindy ever since we fired him. All they needed was permission from us and I'm sure it was granted.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This kind of reunion tour thing seems to happen a lot around the league. It just happened with Jacques Martin in Ottawa, though he was just an interim to finish out the rest of the season.

Hitchcock, who is the Stars version of Ruff and Jacques Martin, came back for one more year to do the reunion tour after Dallas fired Ruff. It only lasted one year.

We did it with Jacques Lemaire in 2009. He had been gone from here for about as long as Ruff has been gone from Buffalo.

I'm not gonna count when we did it with Larry. He was only brought back in 2004 because of Pat Burns having cancer. I think the hope was that Pat would come back after being treated. There was no season that year and Pat never returned, so Larry stayed on, at least for a couple of months. And Larry was also already employed by the team at the time he had his second head coaching tenure. It literally began only 2 years and a few months after he was fired the first time. He just didn't get to coach another game for a year + because of the entire season being wiped out.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Will Ruff have enough pull in that organization to play his RHD on the right side and LHD on the left side?

If so, it’s a good hire.

Pretty sure all NHL head coaches get to decide this.

Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson and Byram are all LHD and he’ll have to deal with that.

Samuelsson usually plays on the right and after he got injured Power played on the right.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Pretty sure all NHL head coaches get to decide this.

Dahlin, Power, Samuelsson and Byram are all LHD and he’ll have to deal with that.

Samuelsson usually plays on the right and after he got injured Power played on the right.

It's questionable how much autonomy the coach of this team has.

Reactions: Bone Density

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I'm sure Lindy will get a lot out of Buffalo's top young guys....he did do a great job here of developing Jack Nico and Bratt..

Will be curious to see who ends up in his doghouse in Buffalo
20230220_101528.jpg

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I would bet a decent amount of money that they finish ahead of us in the standings next year.
I could see them having a season similar to ours last year with the talent they have. Ruff is fine getting your team to being competitive, I just don't think he's good at taking the next step once you get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad