Around the NHL 2022-2023 *Mod warning in effect pg145

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Did we really need Mac Mac? Who else do we expect to play on the 4th line?

What about Keean Washurak?

Last edited:

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Really wish we didn't have Kapanen. Blais is better than him and I want the younger forwards getting ice time.

Reactions: BlueOil

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
1-Higher goals per game, higher points per game,
4th on the team in hits(2nd among those still on the team)
2nd amongst forwards in blocked shots(1st among those still on the team).
Toro at 1.29 takeaways per game(Alexandrov at .65 per game)

No; Toro is better than Alexandrov in pretty literally every category right now.

You are grotesquely underrating Toro and vastly over-rating Alexandrov.

2- By all reports, Minnesota put Sunny back at C after they acquired him. He is perfectly capable of handling the position.

3- I already acknowledged that it would require us to waive some D men.
As for who; I can't imagine anybody making a claim on Perunovich and I highly doubt anyone would go after Tucker.

1. I may be underrating Toropchenko. I'm not overrating Alexandrov. I am not high on him. I just think he is better than Toropchenko, who I think is trash. Comparing stats, one player got consistent mintues, and the other was caleld up and down. One player actually got to play with some decent players like Aciari, and one didn't. One player had to have the responsibilities of a C and one didn't. So I am not too concerned about the numbers.

2. Sundqvist had 63 face offs in 67 games. He wasn't at C very long. That is basically filling in as the 2nd faceoff guy when the C gets booted from the circle. Maybe you throw in a couple games at C. But its an average of 1 faceoff per game. Doesn't seem like he got much time at C.

Reactions: Blueston

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Really wish we didn't have Kapanen. Blais is better than him and I want the younger forwards getting ice time.

I mean for what it's worth, Blais is more likely to block the youngsters as a solid bottom 6 player able to play into the middle 6.

Kapanen doesn't strike me as a bottom 6 guy, he's middle 6 and likely gone at the end of the year if not the TDL - and Kapanen is younger than Blais (by a month), with a better record for production in a middle 6 role on different teams.

I'd expect a GM looking for a TDL add to be less apprehensive about Kapanen who has produced ~0.5 PPG with 3 teams than Blais, who absolutely fell off the map in New York after being traded from the Blues. Kapanen has shown himself to be adaptable - Blais seems to need the right role to be successful, that's going to limit options tradewise if DA believes we NEED a roster spot for a kid this season, rather than keeping them in the AHL for ~50+ games to season and develop.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
sunny is needed and important for team chemistry. i dont want another year of a unlikeable hockey club. stop being a cheap f*** army and making all these dumb decisions.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
I really like what Anaheim’s done to insulate the kids and bring in character. Gudas is Roman Polak’s spiritual successor, and Killorn is a future front office guy.

That Compher contract feels crazy to me. Yzerman’s spent $10.5 for the next 2-5 years on Kostin, Holl, and Compher instead of extending Bertuzzi. I dunno.

Reactions: Blueswin

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
Before Elon did the stupid thing, I saw that the Flyers tweeted they signed Tarasenko and then deleted it. Anyone see/hear any rumors about Vladdy?

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I really like what Anaheim’s done to insulate the kids and bring in character. Gudas is Roman Polak’s spiritual successor, and Killorn is a future front office guy.

That Compher contract feels crazy to me. Yzerman’s spent $10.5 for the next 2-5 years on Kostin, Holl, and Compher instead of extending Bertuzzi. I dunno.

I'm not a fan of Killorn at 6.25 AAV for his age 34-37 seasons. Even if he brings excellent experience and mentorship ability, that feels pretty steep for a career 0.58 PPG guy.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
By all reports, Minnesota put Sunny back at C after they acquired him. He is perfectly capable of handling the position.
No one who watched Minnesota reported that. He took 3 faceoffs through 15 games in Minnesota last year. 0 faceoffs in the lone playoff game he played. 149:30 of his 170:07 at 5 on 5 in Minnesota was with Freddy Gaudreau who was used at center all year. Gaudreau took the 2nd most faceoffs on the Wild last year.

Sunny was a RW in Minnesota, not a center.

By all reports, Minnesota put Sunny back at C after they acquired him. He is perfectly capable of handling the position.
No one who watched Minnesota reported that. He took 3 faceoffs through 15 games in Minnesota last year. 0 faceoffs in the lone playoff game he played.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't think the Mac signing tells us anything about who will make our 4th line. He played zero NHL games last season until injuries in the playoffs forced him into the lineup. He played 14 NHL games and 47 AHL games for us in 2021/22 despite being on a $900k 1 way deal. We've always had a willingness to pay a couple guys NHL money to play big roles in the AHL and this year we have incentive to put some established talent around Bolduc and Dean. To me, that contract looks like one to discourage a team from wanting to claim him on waivers.

I don't know that we'll give Sunny a deal he wants, but I don't think it is because Mac and Walker are in the organization.

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
Is Sunny even someone we want back in our forward mix? I've barely seen him play since we traded him. Detroit and Minnesota both moved on from him quickly. If it wasn't for good vibes, is he a guy we would think would help the team?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is Sunny even someone we want back in our forward mix? I've barely seen him play since we traded him. Detroit and Minnesota both moved on from him quickly. If it wasn't for good vibes, is he a guy we would think would help the team?
He’s not really an upgrade, no. But the team is going to suck anyway, he loves the city, and he’s a fun guy. Pretty inconsequential move one way or the other.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
He’s not really an upgrade, no. But the team is going to suck anyway, he loves the city, and he’s a fun guy. Pretty inconsequential move one way or the other.

Yeah, it would basically be a nice story.

In reality, he will not fit in anywhere, and he's also not the same player 5 years ago. If he comes really cheap, we can use a 12/13th forward if we move on from one of Blais/Kapanen.

We need to stop looking backwards, in some misguided attempt at "recapturing our identity" or some other non-sense.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
He played 70 games for Detroit and then they traded him for a 4th round pick at the deadline once they were out of the playoff race. That's more a result of where Detroit is at as a team than on the player.

I'm not sure Minnesota viewed him as more than a rental. They aren't in a great cap situation so extending him wouldn't have made sense if he was looking for more than $1M.

I think he's still an effective bottom 6 guy. He put up 29 points in 70 games for Detroit and 7 points in 15 games in Minny. He's still a 30+ point capable bottom 6 guy. I don't think he's a guy who becomes the identity of your bottom 6, but he's an above average 4th liner. He was used more like a 3rd liner than 4th liner last year, so my guess is that he's trying to find team willing to pay and use him like a 9th forward instead a 4th liner. My hope is that he doesn't find that and decides to play here for cheap in a 12th/13th forward role. He can do better elsewhere, so if he did that it would be based on loving the city. Basically what Bozak did in his last year here.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
We don't know what we have in Dean yet. It's really reaching to worry about blocking a guy who has played 0 games against men. If Dean and Dvorsky cause an issue, we switch RoR to wing, or scratch him. Its easier to move to a C to wing than a W to C. I'd rather have too many Cs than not enough.
Yeah, sign me up for not wanting OReillly playing wing for my team.

He took max money he was offered, consistent with how he has approached every other contract. I’m glad the Blues didn’t offer that. I wish him well, but I won’t be shocked if he’s dead cap weight in 2 years.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Yeah, sign me up for not wanting OReillly playing wing for my team.

He took max money he was offered, consistent with how he has approached every other contract. I’m glad the Blues didn’t offer that. I wish him well, but I won’t be shocked if he’s dead cap weight in 2 years.
for someone who claims he wants to win he seems to love signing long term contracts with teams in a rebuild

Reactions: Blueston

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
What’s this rate limit exceeded crap on Twitter? They are limiting your refreshes now?
They're reducing traffic, their contract with Google Cloud services expired with the end of June so they're running on a much lower server capacity. A friend of mine who does a lot of coding also said they're possibly DDoSing themselves due to potential bugs from implementing the change preventing people from viewing the website without being logged into an account.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
They're reducing traffic, their contract with Google Cloud services expired with the end of June so they're running on a much lower server capacity. A friend of mine who does a lot of coding also said they're possibly DDoSing themselves due to potential bugs from implementing the change preventing people from viewing the website without being logged into an account.

Is this going to be permanent?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

I paid for my blue check earlier, I wonder how long it takes to be activated? I need my Twitter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad