Status
Not open for further replies.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I like Mac Mac more than Walker.

This rules out Sunny.
Not really.
MacMac makes less than Alexandrov.
Send Alexandrov down so he actually gets some playing time; Walker and MacMac as 13/14.

Problem is the Cap being eaten on defense.
Not sure who, if anyone, slips through waivers in our group.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
As bad as ROR was this year, I wouldn’t want him for anything less than than 2 yrs @ 2 mill per. He was a big reason we were so bad this year. I’m glad he’s gone. Love ya man, but you look toast.

Not really.
MacMac makes less than Alexandrov.
Send Alexandrov down so he actually gets some playing time; Walker and MacMac as 13/14.

Problem is the Cap being eaten on defense.
Not sure who, if anyone, slips through waivers in our group.

I want Alexandrov playing every game.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
2025/26 is year 3 of a 4 year deal.

If you're not willing to do it for the final 2 years of his deal then you are saying that Dvorsky doesn't have a chance at our 3C spot until his D+4 season.

I see a large issue with Dean still being forced to 4C duty 3+ years from now because a declining 35 year old is blocking him.

A $4.5M 4C will be a large overpay with a $91M cap in 2025/26 and up to a $95M cap in 2025/27. Not team killing, but a large overpay. Way too big of an overpay to point to it as an asset.

Thomas was playing 2C his 2nd year here. Why couldn't Dvorsky do the same moving Schenn to wing? Wouldn't that bypass the fear of ROR blocking him as 3c?

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
So do I.
Which is why I'm not opposed to sending him back to Springfield. He's not going to be an everyday player in St. Louis next year.

I’d rather him play every game for the Blues on the 4th line.

Reactions: OSA

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
Next year is D+1 for Dvorsky and he will be in SHL. Then is D+2. Let's say he makes massive strides. I say, Welcome to StLouis, here is the 3rd line C spot.

Buchnevich - Thomas - Kyrou
Saad - RoR - Schenn
Neighbours - Dvorsky - Bolduc/Snuggerud

As for Dean. If he is ready for 3C in year 3, then move ROR to 4C and have Dvorsky at 2C and Dean at 3C. Having internal competition is fine. If Dean can't beat out this 35 year odl who you think will fall off a cliff, then what are we worried about?

With ROR we have 2 Cs and 2 C prospects over the next 4 years. Every C but Thomas is capable of playing up and down the lineup on an offensive or defensive or puck possession line. Make them fight for more ice time. Let us roll 4 line with 4 good Cs. I'll pay an extra couple mill for that flexibility, and to have that backup in case our prospects don't blossom as fast as you think they will.

I definitely don’t see several moves ahead the way some of you can, but I think neither is a perfectly acceptable answer, and my preferred one…..at least up until they prove they can begin the necessary cleansing process on the blue line.

If we’re bringing someone in, ROR is someone I’d have a lot more comfort with in terms of finding a niche, even while deep in decline.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
So do I.
Which is why I'm not opposed to sending him back to Springfield. He's not going to be an everyday player in St. Louis next year.

Who is our 4th line C? We have 3 natural Cs. Thomas, Schenn and Hayes. We could try Buch at C, but then Schenn or Hayes will shift to wing. We aren't putting any of those guys on the 4th line. The only C we have with NHL experience at C who could be a 4th liner is Alexandrov. Maybe Dean or Abrahmov make a case for it, but I doubt it. Alexandrov will be 4c for the majority of the time (barring another signing).

Reactions: Brian39

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Who is our 4th line C? We have 3 natural Cs. Thomas, Schenn and Hayes. We could try Buch at C, but then Schenn or Hayes will shift to wing. We aren't putting any of those guys on the 4th line. The only C we have with NHL experience at C who could be a 4th liner is Alexandrov. Maybe Dean or Abrahmov make a case for it, but I doubt it. Alexandrov will be 4c for the majority of the time (barring another signing).
It’s absolutely Alexandrov job to lose. Army has said that they penciled him and tucker into lineup this coming season.

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I was responding to the comment "this rules out Sunny".
It really doesn't.
Sign Sunny.
Walker and MacMac as 13/14.
Alexandrov first callup in Springfield.

But that assumes we can send two D men through waivers so there's only 7 on the roster.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I was responding to the comment "this rules out Sunny".
It really doesn't.
Sign Sunny.
Walker and MacMac as 13/14.
Alexandrov first callup in Springfield.

But that assumes we can send two D men through waivers so there's only 7 on the roster.

Ah, ok. My bad.

I still don't think Sunny blocks Alexandrov. Sunny is more a wing at this point that can play C in a pinch. I agree it doesn't rule out Sunny though. I'd just waive MAc Mac over Alexandrov. Let Walker/MAc be the 13th forward, and let Sunny play 4th line wing with Neighbours and have Alexandrov at C.

Reactions: Brian39

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Ah, ok. My bad. I still don't think Sunny blocks Alexandrov. Sunny is more a wing at this point that can play C in a pinch
Vrana Thomas Buch
Neighbours Schenn Kyrou
Saad Hayes KK
Blais Sunny Toro
Walker MacMac

That's 14 forwards.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Vrana Thomas Buch
Neighbours Schenn Kyrou
Saad Hayes KK
Blais Sunny Toro
Walker MacMac

That's 14 forwards.

Saad - Schenn - Vrana
Kap - Hayes - Blais
Neighbours - Alexandrov - Sunny
Toro Walker

Send Mac to the AHL. And Neighbours shouldn't touch the 2nd line. 4th line with 3rd line if someone gets injured. Blais is better in every way than Neighbours at this point

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Swap Walker with Alexandrov

So Alexandrov can sit in the bleachers every night?
Absolutely not.

Saad - Schenn - Vrana
Kap - Hayes - Blais
Toro Walker

Send Mac to the AHL. And Neighbours shouldn't touch the 2nd line. 4th line with 3rd line if someone gets injured. Blais is better in every way than Neighbours at this point

1- Toro is better than Alexandrov in literally every part of the game.
He is not sitting for Alexandrov. It's actually a pretty ridiculous suggestion.

2-MacMac signed a 1-way deal.
We would not have offered him that if we had any intention of sending him to Springfield.
Mac is the 14th forward next year. The only question is whether we'll hand a spot to Alexandrov or sign a 4th line center. And my response was specifically about signing Sunny as the 4th line C.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Tarasenko still unsigned. I expect he gets less AAV and less term than ROR.

Normally I would wish him well but it really felt like his last season here he really packed it in and coasted. Makes me not really care if he gets a good deal or not, I of course still wish him and his family do well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
1- Toro is better than Alexandrov in literally every part of the game.
He is not sitting for Alexandrov. It's actually a pretty ridiculous suggestion.

2-MacMac signed a 1-way deal.
We would not have offered him that if we had any intention of sending him to Springfield.
Mac is the 14th forward next year. The only question is whether we'll hand a spot to Alexandrov or sign a 4th line center. And my response was specifically about signing Sunny as the 4th line C.

1. No he's not, in literally any part of the game. He hits and is fast, but that's it. Plus he doesn't play C. Neither does Sunny any more. If you want to play Toro, you don't sign Sunny.

2. So? We have put players on one way contracts in the AHL before. Multiple times before. We have 8 D with one way contracts, plus Rosen who makes a really high AHL salary? Are we not waiving any D?

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
1. No he's not, in literally any part of the game. He hits and is fast, but that's it. Plus he doesn't play C. Neither does Sunny any more. If you want to play Toro, you don't sign Sunny.

2. So? We have put players on one way contracts in the AHL before. Multiple times before. We have 8 D with one way contracts, plus Rosen who makes a really high AHL salary? Are we not waiving any D?

1-Higher goals per game, higher points per game,
4th on the team in hits(2nd among those still on the team)
2nd amongst forwards in blocked shots(1st among those still on the team).
Toro at 1.29 takeaways per game(Alexandrov at .65 per game)

No; Toro is better than Alexandrov in pretty literally every category right now.

You are grotesquely underrating Toro and vastly over-rating Alexandrov.

2- By all reports, Minnesota put Sunny back at C after they acquired him. He is perfectly capable of handling the position.

3- I already acknowledged that it would require us to waive some D men.
As for who; I can't imagine anybody making a claim on Perunovich and I highly doubt anyone would go after Tucker.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Saad - Schenn - Vrana
Kap - Hayes - Blais
Toro Walker

I would prefer sending Walker down and keeping Mac Mac here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad