Who will win the Stanley Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Never had a problem with Gaborik as a Ranger. Came and performed as advertised. One of the best players I've ever seen in getting the shot off quickly to score a goal. Seemed like that if Gaborik was in a good scoring position and you got the puck to him, it would be on his stick for a millisecond before it was in the back of the net. That shot impressed me even more than his skating speed to be honest.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I'm I the only one who feels the wait between the Conference Finals and the Cup Final has been too long by at least 24 and probably 48 hours?
I know it should mean both teams are better rested which should translate into a better series of games, but IMO it detracts from the 'hardest trophy to win' narrative to a large extent. Plus, I was hyped for the Fianls after the Caps game 7 win and now its gone

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I'm I the only one who feels the wait between the Conference Finals and the Cup Final has been too long by at least 24 and probably 48 hours?
I know it should mean both teams are better rested which should translate into a better series of games, but IMO it detracts from the 'hardest trophy to win' narrative to a large extent. Plus, I was hyped for the Fianls after the Caps game 7 win and now its gone

This is abnormal.

Edit: or at least it used to be. They’ve been doing it this way for at least the last 4 years.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
This shit has been trash

Like a 4 day break? really? i mean i guess they wanted to not have scheduling conflicts w the nba, but come on

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This **** has been trash

Like a 4 day break? really? i mean i guess they wanted to not have scheduling conflicts w the nba, but come on

I thought the same thing. But I looked at the last 4 playoffs and it’s been that way every year going back to at least 2014. In 2014 the break was actually 5 days. Kings beat the Hawks on May 30. Game 1 Rangers vs Kings was June 4.

In 1994, the Rangers beat the Devils on May 27. Game 1 against the Canucks was May 31. So I wonder if this is just how it’s been forever.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
And why are there 2-day breaks in between some of the games in the Stanley Cup Finals? I like the rhythm of seeing a hockey game every other night.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
And why are there 2-day breaks in between some of the games in the Stanley Cup Finals? I like the rhythm of seeing a hockey game every other night.
Don't think any of the games are matched up with the NBA finals. Maybe NBC decided not to compete.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
How did an expansion team reach the cup final is simply amazing, because on paper they are not that strong even though they have a very good depth. But without any big name players with one exception which is Marc-Andre Fleury from Pens.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
This **** has been trash

They still screwed up because Warriors - Rockets game 7 is on at the exact same time as Game 1. That's definitely going to hurt ratings. I like hockey more but will probably watch more of the NBA game.

Reactions: Chytil

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
How did an expansion team reach the cup final is simply amazing, because on paper they are not that strong even though they have a very good depth. But without any big name players with one exception which is Marc-Andre Fleury from Pens.
They made the finals because MAF is having a once in a generation performance.

Reactions: Ori and silverfish

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Game 1 is gonna get absolutely crushed tonight by game 7 of the NBA WCF. Lot of unhappy folks at nbc and the nhl that it’s gone 7 games.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You're right. WNBA games and Martin Lawrence comedy tour for Capital One Arena. I didn't check Vegas but probably the same situation.

With maybe one or two exceptions, all are multi-purpose arenas. It's just the way it is. And hockey, yes even the Stanley cup final, isn't the highest on the list of priorities of those venues.

I remember we had a bunch of back-to-backs in 2015 because of this. It is annoying, but not much we can do

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Series starts tonight?

D6PfW.jpg

Reactions: GeorgeKaplan

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I'm not sure if it has been posted in here, but word is that the delay in starting the finals is/was in part bc there was a Pink concert already booked for the weekend.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Which honestly makes his 40 that year even more impressive. Literally no one else on the team can score, you can key in on one guy for the entire game, and that guy still manages 40 goals.
That season was absurd but amazing. It would feel like we couldn’t score for eons, and then Gaborik would fly out of nowhere and score on a breakaway. That plus my boy Vinny Prospal almost having a 20-40-60 season.

I kinda wish I could’ve seen prime Gaborik under AV. That would’ve been fun.

Reactions: FultonReed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad