Who will win the Stanley Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Apparently the pens are looking to get rid of Kessel....interesting. wonder who they'll try to swap him for...

Definitely interesting. Having Crosby-Malkin-Kessel on three different lines was a big part of Pittsburgh's success I thought. I thought Pit was the perfect fit for him where he wasn't the biggest star.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
Kessel is a great 3rd threat. He would flop here as the expected #1 forward, just like Gaborik and Nash.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kessel is a great 3rd threat. He would flop here as the expected #1 forward, just like Gaborik and Nash.

Gaborik had 114 goals in 255 games as a Ranger.

37 goals per 82. He was a huge success.

He flopped after he left and we made a good move trading him right as his decline started, but to say he flopped as a Ranger is just false.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey

He flopped after he left and we made a good move trading him right as his decline started, but to say he flopped as a Ranger is just false.
Dude was probably the best Rangers forward since Jagr and it seems like everyone hates him here. I don't get it

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Gabby had an injury filled clunker of a 2011, but he book ended that with like two of the greatest goal scoring seasons in franchise history. Nothing but respect for my Christmas tree carrying Slovakian guy.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007

Considering the players he had to play with, it’s even more impressing. Eg Christensen.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I don't get the Gaborik hate at all. Guy had two 40 goals seasons out of his 3 (relatively) full seasons with us.

He was traded as that production declined and netted us a nice return and much needed depth.

He was one of the better free agent acquisitions we've had, and a pretty good example of asset management.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I don't get the Gaborik hate at all. Guy had two 40 goals seasons out of his 3 (relatively) full seasons with us.

He was traded as that production declined and netted us a nice return and much needed depth.

He was one of the better free agent acquisitions we've had, and a pretty good example of asset management.
His season in 09-10 was absolutely incredible. Too bad we wasted it with Eric Chistensen centering him.

Nopuckluck

Dec 29, 2017

Some Decline? Wasn’t fast enough if you ask me. Look what he did in their last cup playoff run which ended in him beating us?

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
Gaborik ended up putting 40+ twice and brought back the piece that performed superbly for us in multiple years and then was traded for Zibanejad and a 2nd round pick.

If all of our free agent signings worked out so well, we'd be flush with riches.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
He scored 11 goals that year.

Eleven.

In 41 games. Let's not be disingenuous about it. Not that it's anywhere near what we would want. He did spend most of his regular season time that year recovering from a really bad injuries... first a bad knee sprain and then he broke his collarbone. I think the latter actually happened on his first game back from the former. 14 goals in the playoffs... combined that's about a 30 goal per 82 season.

He scored 27 in 69 the next year.

The guy continued to be injury prone after we dealt him. He had 2 40 goal seasons in the 2 full healthy seasons we had him. But then, of course, he got injured in the 2012 playoffs, which really hurt us. Since we dealt him to the Blue Jackets, he's only played in 65% of his team's games. I think the injuries really caught up to him in the last few.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The issue with Gaborik was always going to be health. That was the story before he came to NY, and it was the story afterwards.

Still you can’t dissmiss a pair of 40 goal seasons. He lead the team in scoring twice, by pretty good margins. Hell, in 2010 he had more goals than the Rangers second and third highest goal scorers...combined.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The issue with Gaborik was always going to be health. That was the story before he came to NY, and it was the story afterwards.

Still you can’t dissmiss a pair of 40 goal seasons. He lead the team in scoring twice, by pretty good margins. Hell, in 2010 he had more goals than the Rangers second and third highest goal scorers...combined.

To be fair, though, that team really sucked.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Gaborik was a FA acquisition, scored 114 goals in 4 seasons and was traded for Brassard, Dorsett and Moore.

Nothing about Gaborik's Rangers tenure was "disappointing" unless you expected him to win 4 Rockets

The only real thing that was disappointing was how, after a season of good health, he hurt his shoulder at the worst possible time in 2012. I think a healthy Gaborik has us facing LA that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad