Around the NHL 2015-16, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Penguins are going to play a lot more like Game 1 and 2 to get the next two wins in that series.

Great game from Murray. Sitting back on a team struggling for offense is a really bad idea.

Letang should be out for game 4 as well...

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Aren't they gonna lose Murray though when expansion draft happens if they can't trade fluery

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Pens are impressive. Has a team ever switched coaches mid-season and made it to the finals before? Malkin has always been a mean SOB and that type of fire is crucial to winning in hockey. Capitals look like they think it's still regular season, no passion. If they don't wake up it'll soon be golfing season.

This 2nd round has been phenomenal. I'm appreciating all 8 teams. Every period if not game I'm left wondering who will take it. You think the game is over then bam- overtime. Others of you feel so strongly, beside the Sharks series I truly don't sense the outcome and that makes for some of the best entertainment.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Aren't they gonna lose Murray though when expansion draft happens if they can't trade fluery

Yup, Fleury has NMC so he would have to be protected and he has limited NTC (can ban 12 teams) so he is not traded either. He plays on a cup contender and that situation helps him to get rid of his main competitor for starting job. Murray also happens to be the most valuable unprotected player on Pens roster. I'm pretty sure we won't see Murray in Pens jersey in 17-18.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Pens are impressive. Has a team ever switched coaches mid-season and made it to the finals before? Malkin has always been a mean SOB and that type of fire is crucial to winning in hockey. Capitals look like they think it's still regular season, no passion. If they don't wake up it'll soon be golfing season.

This 2nd round has been phenomenal. I'm appreciating all 8 teams. Every period if not game I'm left wondering who will take it. You think the game is over then bam- overtime. Others of you feel so strongly, beside the Sharks series I truly don't sense the outcome and that makes for some of the best entertainment.

Pens did it in 08-09. :cry:

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The shot differential in game 3 of PIT-WSH is misleading. Pitts had the lead from the get-go and were playing more and more conservatively as the game went on. Obviously, you shouldn't sit back on an elite team like WSH, but getting the lead on them early is always, always a good thing.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We will see if they can figure this out, but this is exactly what people were talking about all year in terms of the Stars goaltending and defensive issues.

They are getting absolutely embarrassed tonight.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Stars getting ran through

The islanders goalie going back to his former self. They need halak. I thought he was back 2nd round?

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
The more I'm told by NYI fans about their young talent and their potentials, the more I'm convinced NYI misses playoffs outright next year. It happens every following year with one of these cinderella bad puck possession teams in the playoffs (12 Predators, 13 Leafs, 14 Avs, 15 Flames).

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
The more I'm told by NYI fans about their young talent and their potentials, the more I'm convinced NYI misses playoffs outright next year. It happens every following year with one of these cinderella bad puck possession teams in the playoffs (12 Predators, 13 Leafs, 14 Avs, 15 Flames).

Like, you do remember how they've made the playoffs 3 of their last 4 seasons, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad