Around the NHL 2015-16, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Matthews, Marner, Nylander, and Rielly is an incredible core. Look what happened when Toronto got an actual smart braintrust for the first time in over a decade.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
*puts on tinfoil hat*

The leafs only won because the nhl rigged it. Why did they rig it u ask? They complained they didn't get anything for the year 100. So they gave them the 1st overall

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
One of them won't be good. One of the forwards

I'll take that bet. All 3 are going to be studs.

No kidding, Marner and Nylander were top 10 prospects this year, with Marner on the higher end of that list. Matthews might be better than Eichel.

Throw in Stamkos potentially, and you have a gross group coming together the next couple of seasons.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
2e6bij6.jpg

Babs is quickly getting over the one year of bad hockey.

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
Edmonton is probably better off at 4. Now they can take the defenseman they need rather than drafting another forward to play in their lopsided org.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Awwwww biscuits... This probably effects the whole Stamkos UFA thing. He's probably more likely to sign with the Leafs now if he doesn't go with Tampa...

Wanted wpg to win that one so bad, ****

Me too. Wanted Matthews to stay outta the east. Plus I like the Jets (how can you hate the Jets?). Oh well, bring it on.

Edmonton doesn't win the lottery! Woo!!

At least edm didn't win

I was hoping for Edmonton to win the lottery, just because it'd be funny to watch people's heads explode.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
A couple of Caps fans I talked to in late March preferred to face Pittsburgh in round 1 rather than NYI or Philly because the Pens were "soft".

Lmao

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Think this is huge for Nylander, I like him riding shotgun with Matthews. I don't like him as a center long-term.

Suffice to say they have a lot of opportunities to experiment. Marner or Nylander could both be NHL centers, but maybe they don't have to be, Stamkos or not.

Edmonton is probably better off at 4. Now they can take the defenseman they need rather than drafting another forward to play in their lopsided org.

Lots of discussion on the trade forum around a deal involving the 4th overall pick and Travis Hamonic.

I was hoping for Edmonton to win the lottery, just because it'd be funny to watch people's heads explode.

Some people just wanna watch the world burn.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Absolutely. Although at 4 they probably miss out on Pulujarvi. Watch Winnipeg take him. Regardless the Oil should either take a d-man there or trade down and take a d-man with a lower pick.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Absolutely. Although at 4 they probably miss out on Pulujarvi. Watch Winnipeg take him. Regardless the Oil should either take a d-man there or trade down and take a d-man with a lower pick.

It should not be understated that Laine-Connor-Ehlers has incredible potential as well. In general, the Jets young players and prospect pool is absolutely incredible.

I under Laine is the consensus number 2 and some like him more than Matthews, and Pulujarvi seems definitively to be the 3 guy, but I really appreciate Pulujarvi's game a lot.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Pitts completely dominating but if anyone can steal a series, it's Holtby.

That's what makes Washington so scary to me. They can dominate you but also win while getting dominated. They win the games they should but also many of the ones they shouldn't.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

i really hope they do

i think mcdavid is one of the top 10 best players in the NHL and want to see him achieve success(team not just personal) and therefore want to see edmonton climb out of the shadows

i could see the oilers trading down and pick up a dman and a later 1st rd pick, not convinced its hamonic either....

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
No kidding, Marner and Nylander were top 10 prospects this year, with Marner on the higher end of that list. Matthews might be better than Eichel.

Throw in Stamkos potentially, and you have a gross group coming together the next couple of seasons.

toronto would be smarter not signing stamkos but sucking for one more year and grabbing another top 3 pick in 2017(nolan patrick)

they still need to hit on another dman but damn the leafs would be fantastic for 10 years or more if they do

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
toronto would be smarter not signing stamkos but sucking for one more year and grabbing another top 3 pick in 2017(nolan patrick)

they still need to hit on another dman but damn the leafs would be fantastic for 10 years or more if they do

Liljegren is shaping up to be something special. IF the Leafs were to end up with Liljegren, Rielly, Matthews, Nylander, and Marner I would just trade them Mrazek. Cause damn thats as solid as a core as you could hope for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad