Around the NHL 2014-15, Part III: Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He's gettin up there, You think once his play drops off the Rangers does as well?

They had their chance the past two years. The window doesn't last long, not unless you're a team like Chicago that has Kane, Toews and Keith. And even they will be forced to make some tough decisions as guys get paid and the cap doesn't rise quite enough to keep everyone.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Wanna say the Ducks, but i don't feel very confident with that prediction.

Although Tampa Bay will lose against either team.

If they had more experience I'd say Tampa Bay would win with Confidence. Almost lost to the Rangers and the ECF is way easier then the SCF. Both teams have 1/2 centers as well.

The question is what will NYR do? Trade Yandle for centers?

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Yzerman continues to be the only player I can remember that actually touched the conference champion trophy. Wish another one of these players would say hell to that superstition :laugh:

Aug 6, 2012
Experience is overrated. The better team will win and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the Lightning. I just don't want the Hawks to win.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I don't think there is anything more stunning this entire season than two game sevens involving Bishop and two shutouts.

I honestly think the Andrei Vasileskiy is already better than him. Credit to him and the Lightning, hope the Ducks make it out, I think they are going to get smacked by the Western Conference and I would rather not watch Chicago win again. Thought I give the Lightning a better chance in that series, we will see, maybe Crawford falls apart and the TKO line has a field day.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Experience is overrated. The better team will win and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the Lightning. I just don't want the Hawks to win.

Tampa Bay took stupid penalties against us because of this loser name Luke Glendenning

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Yzerman continues to be the only player I can remember that actually touched the conference champion trophy. Wish another one of these players would say hell to that superstition :laugh:

Yeah, I would love to see a guy do something totally over the top like raise if over his head, lick it like kids do so no one else wants to touch it, etc. The OMG must not touch the trophy thing is so tired.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

If he was the only one I don't get why it's a superstition

You get 2 cup wins by sweeps after it :naughty:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
I don't think there is anything more stunning this entire season than two game sevens involving Bishop and two shutouts.

I honestly think the Andrei Vasileskiy is already better than him. Credit to him and the Lightning, hope the Ducks make it out, I think they are going to get smacked by the Western Conference and I would rather not watch Chicago win again. Thought I give the Lightning a better chance in that series, we will see, maybe Crawford falls apart and the TKO line has a field day.

Bishop might have had the 2 easiest game 7's in goal that I can ever remember. Detroit couldnt't hit the net and the Rangers didn't even want to shoot the puck

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
The last four teams that were left were the worst for me as i pretty much hate them all. I actually dont mind the Hawks but want the Ducks to win it all. Dont want the Hawks to have 3 cups in 6 yrs and Tampa pissed me off in the first round. Never hated a team more then the 07-10 Ducks tho.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Osgoods 2 shutout's starting the SCF against Pittsburgh is more stunning to me, Especially against the best player in the world that has ever seen the Ice and breathed Crosby

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
Henrik Lundqvist and his 8.5 million dollar cap hit...

Spending that kind of money on a goalie is absurd. Only way i would ever pay a goalie that much is if he is so big that he literally takes up the entire net. Not one inch of open net.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Henrik Lundqvist and his 8.5 million dollar cap hit...

Spending that kind of money on a goalie is absurd. Only way i would ever pay a goalie that much is if he is so big that he literally takes up the entire net. Not one inch of open net.

Imo hes elite, But hes not like Hasek or anything, 1 vezina.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Osgoods 2 shutout's starting the SCF against Pittsburgh is more stunning to me, Especially against the best player in the world that has ever seen the Ice and breathed Crosby

Detroits team was much better then Pitts that year, should have been over then 5 so wasnt rly suprising IMO.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Kill me now. Tampa, Anaheim, or Chicago.

Worst season ever.

Pretty much. I'll cheer for Tampa, I guess. Don't want to see Chicago win another, still dislike Perry enough to not cheer for the ducks. At least Tampa has Stevie. I like Ohlund, too.

And all of this just reinforces for me how mediocre the East is from top to bottom. Tampa's good, but cup winning good? We so screwed up blowing that series.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Pretty much. I'll cheer for Tampa, I guess. Don't want to see Chicago win another, still dislike Perry enough to not cheer for the ducks. At least Tampa has Stevie. I like Ohlund, too.

And all of this just reinforces for me how mediocre the East is from top to bottom. Tampa's good, but cup winning good? We so screwed up blowing that series.

Not sure if we could have beaten New york, I just don't see Our d core hanging on for that long.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Kill me now. Tampa, Anaheim, or Chicago.

Worst season ever.

At least I could cheer for Boston NJ the Rangers in previous years. and then Chicago before Toews was considered best player ever in hockey history. Plus I hate Pronger.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Not sure if we could have beaten New york, I just don't see Our d core hanging on for that long.

Looks like the best defense on the blue line in the world didn't fare to well against the Bolts. They got embarrassed in a couple games. And the Rags have a top 3 goalie in the world.
I'm a huge fan of Ryan McD & Girardi. But the rest, including superstar, Keith Yandy were not the be all to end all.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Looks like the best defense on the blue line in the world didn't fare to well against the Bolts. They got embarrassed in a couple games. And the Rags have a top 3 goalie in the world.
I'm a huge fan of Ryan McD & Girardi. But the rest, including superstar, Keith Yandy were not the be all to end all.

If they all played to their potential hockey season would be over.

I still don't think we would have beaten NYR, Our dcore wouldn't have held up. Zidlicky got destroyed in multiple games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad