Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part III: Kings are the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishock

Fire Ken Holland
Jan 15, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Midwest just got a lot better. Stars, Avs, Blues will be right there with the Hawks next year. I hope we don't go back any time soon

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
the central division is stacked. good thing the wings left when they did

I'm really impressed with the Blues. They could very well end up being another version of the San Jose Sharks but my god if I was a Note fan I would be ecstatic with how well they have positioned themselves. It just goes to show how far good scouting and management will take you in the NHL.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
blues have been excellent in first round. not so much after that.

seemed clear that they were going to address the C this year. got good player with manageable contract in stastny. roster is set and they have few kids coming up. G maybe, might be an issue. swing and miss on miller but made the right choice in letting him walk.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Blues are a good example of building from the ground, but also that it takes time. It's five years now since the Canucks swept the Blues in the first round, and that Blues team was the embryo of what we see now, including Pietrangelo, Backes, Berglund, Steen and Oshie. Plus other big pieces like Johnson, Polak and Perron who have now been swapped to balance the roster.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Moore's lawyer is just trying to get this settled by increasing potential amount that may be rewarded to Moore ,, Nucks and Bertuzzi have been D-bags the entire case

Bertuzzi offering Moore 350k as a settlement was slap in face and since then Nucks and Bertuzzi have dragged this out

Could have settled this years ago by offering a respectable settlement sum instead Bertuzzi pulled that nonsense and the Nucks have tried to argue they have no blame for actions of rogue player/coach

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Moore's lawyer is just trying to get this settled by increasing potential amount that may be rewarded to Moore ,, Nucks and Bertuzzi have been D-bags the entire case

Bertuzzi offering Moore 350k as a settlement was slap in face and since then Nucks and Bertuzzi have dragged this out

Could have settled this years ago by offering a respectable settlement sum instead Bertuzzi pulled that nonsense and the Nucks have tried to argue they have no blame for actions of rogue player/coach
I read that Moore's side wanted to drag it out too. They wanted to see if Moore suffered from long-term side effects. I expect that they're arguing he has.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I read that Moore's side wanted to drag it out too. They wanted to see if Moore suffered from long-term side effects. I expect that they're arguing he has.

Moore's lawyers pushed back the trial from 2008 to 2012, and then again to 2014 to allow for the assessment of any long term health consequences from the injury. Everything else has been sorted out except the civil suit from Moore, and another one by his parents for having to witness the event.

Is what someone said from another site

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Weird to base off of those signings. Lehtera and Komarov got great NHL deals to cross the pond. Kontiola is taking a flyer at age 29, but still, it's a one-way deal. Sekac, Vasilevsky and Kuznetsov are youngsters crossing the pond for the first time.

Neither player really represents what the NHL-KHL thing is all about. To me it's about KHL nabbing guys who NHL teams would've liked to keep on two-way or <1M deals, guys who may or may not be on NHL teams if they stayed in NA for a low pay. Guys like Hartikainen, Ullstrom, E. Gustafsson, Nilsson etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad