Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part III: Kings are the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I really hope the wings organization is taking notes on what the habs are doing to the bruins with a 2-1-2 style fore check. Using there speed advantage to disrupt the B's breakout has been the biggest thing in the series so far. Often though outside of helm's line we only send a 1-2-2 fore check coverage and it doesn't create enough pressure to make there system get crimped.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I really hope the wings organization is taking notes on what the habs are doing to the bruins with a 2-1-2 style fore check. Using there speed advantage to disrupt the B's breakout has been the biggest thing in the series so far. Often though outside of helm's line we only send a 1-2-2 fore check coverage and it doesn't create enough pressure to make there system get crimped.

gotta have good skaters to do that. habs have better skaters than us and franzen ain't gonna skate that much all game long.

i think we saw at olympics what type of hockey babcock would like to play but he doesn't have the players to execute it. only few teams in the league have, though.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
gotta have good skaters to do that. habs have better skaters than us and franzen ain't gonna skate that much all game long.

i think we saw at olympics what type of hockey babcock would like to play but he doesn't have the players to execute it. only few teams in the league have, though.

If only we had younger players who can skate. :sarcasm:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Got to love Malkin flying into Lundqvist late in the game trying to get his stick under his pad.

I don't mind Crosby, but I love seeing that dirtbag lose.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
i have neve seen a superstar in any sport take more abuse then crosby has these playoffs

bylsma should be ashamed of himself

Well the fact he has wilted to it two years in a row is well... Guessing we know what the teams are going to do next year.

Crosby is a heck of a hockey player, he belongs nowhere near the pantheon discussion he is often placed in. Hell he was the third best center on his own team in the only year his team one a cup final in that series.

I don't think Bylsma is a great coach, but lost in the Gold Medal game euphoria of the country up north and his game 7 against the Caps, that is really it. Those are his throw down moments, are they great fine, but outside of that he has been fairly quiet at times especially given how dominant many like to say he is. Sorry, last two years his coach might be bad, but Crosby has been getting worked physically and isn't bringing enough to the table himself.

Malkin has been the better playoff player in my opinion over the years, especially in the bigger moments and at least competing when they are going out instead of some of what you see out of Crosby which is mystifying. He deserves all the crap he is going to get after this post-season run, he doesn't have the Islanders series inflating his numbers. He was pretty brutal no matter how you look at it this post-season.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If MTL beats Boston tomorrow you may as well hand the title to the Hawks. jesus christ this is so brutal.

Quick and Gibson are both better than Crawford. We will see, I like the Cali boys chances this year with the Hawks. Neither team is really decimated by injuries, guess we will see what happens in the final one/two games of that series, but the Hawks wont' be gifted the beat up version of the Kings they got last year.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Minnesota does have one of the better home buildings and advantages in hockey (Being able to match Suter on top of that environment is huge) where they play so well. You wonder if as they develop farther and maybe the Vanek piece if they can bring that on the road. But I honestly don't know that any team has played better in their home building this post-season.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Anyone seen Crosby these playoffs?

There was a huge chunk of the game where I was seriously questioning if he was evening playing. Invisible.

I don't hate the kid by any means, but some of his fanboys surely make it enjoyable to watch him fail.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Lundqvist earned his nickname today. What a performance. Put the team on his back the entire 3rd period as the Pens fired away.

Also greatly enjoying the goalie battle in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad