Around the NHL 2013-2014 Part III: Kings are the Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I am glad Parise and Suter lost. They did not want to come to Detroit. Or something like that.
The Pens lost after going 3-1. So now we have Bruins, Rangers and Habs. It seems like it will be defence vs defence.
West, will it be Hawks vs Ducks or Kings?

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I am glad Parise and Suter lost. They did not want to come to Detroit. Or something like that.
The Pens lost after going 3-1. So now we have Bruins, Rangers and Habs. It seems like it will be defence vs defence.

I think the most entertaining series would be Habs vs Ranger and Hawks vs Ducks... some good offense and fast paced hockey.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I love seeing the Penguins lose, they are the most unlikable team in the league. Crosby is dirty as hell and whines, Malkin and Neal are goons. I relish it.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I think the most entertaining series would be Habs vs Ranger and Hawks vs Ducks... some good offense and fast paced hockey.

Yeah, I'm rooting for those. Lundqvist/Rangers in general have an unbelievably poor record lately in Montreal. Hawks and Ducks, as much as I dislike the teams, play entertaining hockey.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
Gord MillerVerified account ‏@GMillerTSN

Over the last two years, the Chicago Blackhawks are 11-0 in games 5, 6 and 7 of a playoff series.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
crosby was fine$, he leads the league in corsi. best player in the league.

I did notice Nash was stuffed when going for an empty net goal. :laugh:

Best Ranger line was, yet again, Richards/St. Louis. They really carried the best chances over the final few games. But honestly, the Rangers got outplayed most of the game. Lundqvist was the difference maker in game 7. Once again cementing my belief he's the best goalie in the league since Hasek, worth every penny of his contract, and a real difference maker for a team. He went over a .970 sv% the last 3 games. That's... that's in the zone.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
I did notice Nash was stuffed when going for an empty net goal. :laugh:

Best Ranger line was, yet again, Richards/St. Louis. They really carried the best chances over the final few games. But honestly, the Rangers got outplayed most of the game. Lundqvist was the difference maker in game 7. Once again cementing my belief he's the best goalie in the league since Hasek, worth every penny of his contract, and a real difference maker for a team. He went over a .970 sv% the last 3 games. That's... that's in the zone.

5-1 IN GAME 7's with I think they said a 1.00gaa. Crazy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
5-1 IN GAME 7's with I think they said a 1.00gaa. Crazy.

I didn't know that. That's crazy clutch.

I love Jimmy and all, but Lundqvist is the type of goalie that makes me enjoy the game when he's getting lots of shots against. :laugh: His rebound control is insane. You'll see him masterfully give big rebounds when the pressure is in tight and the puck moves away from pressure and into a breakout. That's one of those goalie skills that takes some pretty big confidence in your game, since your first instinct is to NOT give up a huge rebound.

If you guys can't tell I could talk about Lundqvist for some time, so I'll stop now. :D

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Have to admit that I agree. might be petty, but I don't care.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010

I agree with this; I think both of those series would be quite entertaining.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Just someone beat Chicago. I am sick of reading how "clutch" and "intangible" Toews is.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Pretty happy with how things are going. Wanted Minny to lose cause of Cooke. Wanted Pens to lose. Chances are good Boston loses. That would be great.

Ducks v Hawks
Habs vs Rags

Sounds good to me, let's go Habs

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Well.... He's kinda both.

Helps to have a great supporting cast.

I think people underestimate the effect a team has on success in the playoffs. Yeah Toews and Kane aren't passengers by any stretch, but they bowed out of the first round when their team wasn't very strong and won the cup two years the team was incredibly strong. Was Lidstrom a better Captain than Yzerman because he made it to the conference finals his first year and the cup finals the following two years? No, those teams were flat out better.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Helps to have a great supporting cast.

I think people underestimate the effect a team has on success in the playoffs. Yeah Toews and Kane aren't passengers by any stretch, but they bowed out of the first round when their team wasn't very strong and won the cup two years the team was incredibly strong. Was Lidstrom a better Captain than Yzerman because he made it to the conference finals his first year and the cup finals the following two years? No, those teams were flat out better.

I agree, in that team success is more important than individual success.

But I still think Toews is clutch and has fantastic intangibles.

That run he went on in 09-10 where he won the Conn Smythe was impressive.

I think Kane is pretty clutch too.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I agree, in that team success is more important than individual success.

But I still think Toews is clutch and has fantastic intangibles.

That run he went on in 09-10 where he won the Conn Smythe was impressive.

I think Kane is pretty clutch too.

Kane is that thorn in the side who never seems to go away. I remember his tying goal in 2009. The guy just seems to score in those moments.

Wasn't he the one to score the tying shorthanded goal against Nashville in game 5 to pretty much turn that entire series around?

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 13 min
#Blackhawks winger Patrick Kane is the second player in NHL history with three series-clinching OT goals. Martin Gelinas is the other.

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 12 min
Patrick Kane now has 11 career goals, including two hat tricks and three game-winners, in potential series-clinching games. #Blackhawks

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
ChcIG52.jpg

Someone decided to mock the Penguins desire to get 'gritty.'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It really does blow my mind how Pittsburgh has screwed up so bad after 2009.

Who were Crosby and Malkin's wingers during the 09 Cup win? Guerin, Roberts, Fedotenko, Sykora, Satan?

Clearly winger depth wasn't a big deal. But their defense PLAYED light years better than what they are now. You wouldn't think having Gonchar and Goligoski over Martin and Maata would be that big of a deal, but that 2009 team just meshed well. Fleury wasn't a liability either; he reminded me of Corey Crawford nowadays.

Another important factor IMO, Sutter is not Jordan Staal. But I still think they made the right move considering they could have easily lost Staal for nothing.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
It really does blow my mind how Pittsburgh has screwed up so bad after 2009.

Who were Crosby and Malkin's wingers during the 09 Cup win? Guerin, Roberts, Fedotenko, Sykora, Satan?

Clearly winger depth wasn't a big deal. But their defense PLAYED light years better than what they are now. You wouldn't think having Gonchar and Goligoski over Martin and Maata would be that big of a deal, but that 2009 team just meshed well. Fleury wasn't a liability either; he reminded me of Corey Crawford nowadays.

Another important factor IMO, Sutter is not Jordan Staal. But I still think they made the right move considering they could have easily lost Staal for nothing.

talbot and fedotenko were malkin's wingers iirc. kunitz and guerin were a lot with crosby but i think they varied a bit.

they were determined back then. really, really determined. they just wanted it so bad. they had good system in place and then got a good players coach who didn't need to worry about it, just motivate them.

staal trade was real nice for them but benefits aren't showing up yet. pouliot has pretty damn good potential. switch staal for sutter and pens lose in 09 imo.

bylsma needs to go and they need to get better depth. that bottom 6 is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad