Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Utah will get a name and logo in 2025-26.

That seems dumb to not have a name for a year

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Pleasantly surprising to see Lowry up at 7th although it's a weird mix of offence guys who are decent at defence and purely defence guys like him

Reactions: sipowicz

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That seems dumb to not have a name for a year

Apparently with the change over to Fanatics for 24/25 season there just isn't enough time even if they decide on a name right away and get their branding done fast. I think it's good to take some time and get it right. Seattle went with the meme name and a few years in it already looks like a dated and a poor choice. No need to rush it.

Reactions: jetsforever

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Apparently with the change over to Fanatics for 24/25 season there just isn't enough time even if they decide on a name right away and get their branding done fast. I think it's good to take some time and get it right. Seattle went with the meme name and a few years in it already looks like a dated and a poor choice. No need to rush it.

I agree. Listening to Ryan Smith he seems like a really sharp and thoughtful guy. He will make mistakes but I don’t think they need to rush on this. Maybe the process won’t work but the approach is novel.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This was by far the easiest choice of all the trophies that are voted on, and two guys still managed to leave Barkov off their ballots entirely. I wonder what ridiculous shit they've come up with for the actually difficult votes.

Good to see Lowry getting credit, but it's also a good indicator of the Selke being too much about reputation. If you had Lowry at 2, where are the votes for Nino?

“The winner is selected by a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association following the regular season.”

IF this is who decides I can’t take it seriously. Honestly they give out one award every year and it’s called the Stanley Cup and the rest of this shit is just PR stunts and noise in my opinion. Its like the All stars, once again who cares?

I realize not everyone thinks like me on this.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It wasn't announced the Thrashers were sold until May 31...they have plenty of time.
Makes the league look even more bush.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I am now conflicted.

I have been cheering for Paul Maurice and the Panthers to come out of the East. I would like to see the coach with the most losses in the history of the NHL win a Cup so that his legacy is of winning instead of always losing.

There is a problem. Blake Wheeler is back. Now I am conflicted. I would love to see Wheels get past the Panthers and have a shot at the Cup. If anyone has earned it with hard work ethic it is Blake.

Gotta think about this one.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I am now conflicted.

I have been cheering for Paul Maurice and the Panthers to come out of the East. I would like to see the coach with the most losses in the history of the NHL win a Cup so that his legacy is of winning instead of always losing.

There is a problem. Blake Wheeler is back. Now I am conflicted. I would love to see Wheels get past the Panthers and have a shot at the Cup. If anyone has earned it with hard work ethic it is Blake.

Gotta think about this one.
I guess you could look at it as a win-win... regardless of which team gets through, there's a chance that one of them gets a cup

I would say that this is more likely Wheeler's last kick at it, whereas the Panthers seem to have a bit of a window here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad