Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Bruin's keep Swayman in net and promise retribution for Bennett's greasy dirty hit to their greasy dirty player. Maybe trying to win the game would be a better idea

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
2 minute minors can't be reviewed. Only 4 minutes or more.
And what's your point? Hughes was cut or did you miss that... lots of potential major penalties not reviewed including trouba charging and Bennett...

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
2 minute minors can't be reviewed. Only 4 minutes or more.
Is it 4 or 5? I thought it had to be a major for some reason

Now refs are calling any play they want to review a major on the ice just to take a look at it. I kind of like the idea, but also kind of hate it

And what's your point? Hughes was cut or did you miss that... lots of potential major penalties not reviewed including trouba charging and Bennett...
Someone has to see it. In the Vilardi case, a linesman saw it

In order for a penalty to be considered a major, certain criteria need to apply

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
guess you are allowed crosschecking players into the goalie
According to NHL Rule 69.1, “If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.”

Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said he was told by the referees that “the play didn’t interfere with the goal."

“That’s the explanation I got," Montgomery said.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

Now refs are calling any play they want to review a major on the ice just to take a look at it. I kind of like the idea, but also kind of hate it

Someone has to see it. In the Vilardi case, a linesman saw it

In order for a penalty to be considered a major, certain criteria need to apply
No one saw rhe vilardi stick... the guy lay on the ice... maybe that was Hughes mistake

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
According to NHL Rule 69.1, “If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed.”

Bruins coach Jim Montgomery said he was told by the referees that “the play didn’t interfere with the goal."

“That’s the explanation I got," Montgomery said.
I don't think Swayman would have gotten to that shot. That's probably what the refs meant

No one saw rhe vilardi stick... the guy lay on the ice... maybe that was Hughes mistake
The explanation given was that the linesman saw it... which is still a cop out, becaue they can only call majors (I think). But clearly vilardi's stick hit him accidentally... so the refs call it a major on the ice (bullshit) just to get the opportunity to take a look at it to give the double minor

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I thought you were referring to the Bennett crosscheck on Coyle leading to the goal and review.

For the others, one of the on ice officials has to see the potential major penalty. If someone is bleeding but the refs or linesmen don't see what caused it they can't stop the game to rewind footage until they see something.

I think it's 4 because they reviewed the Vilardi penalty and it was explained afterwards that anything over a minor can be called by a linesman.

Reactions: Buffdog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad