Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In principle I think I like Colorado a bit more than Dallas but I feel like I should cheer against Colorado since they beat us
I want to see Colorado take that series. Their fans for the most part were solid - some sly comments here and there but not as bad as they could have been with how thoroughly they dismantled the jets.

Some of the Dallas fans on here grind my gears way more and I would be happy to see their team get eliminated

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Florida looked pretty bad in that game. I don't think you see them look that bad again in this series.
I tend to agree but at the same time most around here thought Game 1 was the worst game the Jets would play in their series and Colorado would have to deal with their”A” game at some point. It never happened.

You just never know.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I liked our chances after the first game last series. I don’t think we should be too quick to think otherwise.

It’s not a 1 game series

^ will take my Internet forum victory lap

It’s gonna be a long series or maybe a short one lol 😆 how’s that for a prediction

Also the Avs may lose or may win next game…for sure one of those two

*polishing monocle 🧐 *

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Said it after the series. Jets weren't that bad, Colorado is just on another level. Said there's a good chance they go all the way.
Jesus Christ, it has been one game.

Also, we were at a Chicago and San Jose -level of bad at 5v5, and even worse if you account for special teams too. Yes, it was also only five games (=pretty much nothing), but we were f***ing horrible as a unit.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
How did Cilorado come back to win that one. Add in Trouba up to his usual tricks with that flying elbow and leg drop wrestling attempt....

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
How did Cilorado come back to win that one. Add in Trouba up to his usual tricks with that flying elbow and leg drop wrestling attempt....
Miles Wood somehow found an inner McDavid gear and absolutely donkeyed Heiskanen. Crazy OT cause I think that was COL's first shot and probably still should have been stopped by Oettinger.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Dallas shits the bed against Colorado, maybe the Jets weren't that bad after all and Colorado is actually that good...
I think we were bad, but I think just about everyone is criminally underrating the Avs.

In a sense they had their own "Stone" though there was nothing illegal about it. Nichushkin was off for close to three months after enrolling himself in the substance abuse program. Avs finished fourth overall without him in the lineup for largely the latter half of the season. He was re-activated just before the end of the season and factors into the cap so no Vegas like shenanagins ongoing. But that is one heck of a player to add for the playoffs.

They are a very good, very fast team. We underplayed to our potential and probably overrated our chances due to how we won the season series. But we were also badly outcoached and our D was very exposed in the playoffs. We have Morrissey and then is anyone else really better than a 3-4? Mostly it looks like a bunch of 6-7s and we underutilized Miller. Whoops.

I'm laughing at the oddsmakers (because hockey is really about nothing more than gambling) downplaying the Avs. At the same time (gambling-wise, of course) McKinnon and Makar are the #3 and #4 odds on favorites for the Conn Smythe. I mean it's not like Edmonton has a great goalie either and they don't have a Makar, but there they are, most likely to win the cup. Barf.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think we were bad, but I think just about everyone is criminally underrating the Avs.

In a sense they had their own "Stone" though there was nothing illegal about it. Nichushkin was off for close to three months after enrolling himself in the substance abuse program. Avs finished fourth overall without him in the lineup for largely the latter half of the season. He was re-activated just before the end of the season and factors into the cap so no Vegas like shenanagins ongoing. But that is one heck of a player to add for the playoffs.

They are a very good, very fast team. We underplayed to our potential and probably overrated our chances due to how we won the season series. But we were also badly outcoached and our D was very exposed in the playoffs. We have Morrissey and then is anyone else really better than a 3-4? Mostly it looks like a bunch of 6-7s and we underutilized Miller. Whoops.

I'm laughing at the oddsmakers (because hockey is really about nothing more than gambling) downplaying the Avs. At the same time (gambling-wise, of course) McKinnon and Makar are the #3 and #4 odds on favorites for the Conn Smythe. I mean it's not like Edmonton has a great goalie either and they don't have a Makar, but there they are, most likely to win the cup. Barf.
I hope Edmonton wins the cup. It’s been American too long.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad