Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets fans of all fans should not be looking down on the Leafs considering how our post-season has gone. I used to too but don't feel like I have that right anymore after the last two Jets post-seasons. We are as bad as the Leafs now.
Your team can suck, be underperforming, whatever you want to call it and you can still have fun shit talking other teams, especially one like the Leafs. That's part of sports and fandom. Take the Jets hairshirt off and relax in here, have some fun. That's the whole point.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
The Lightning had two goals disallowed for goalie interference in the first two periods of the 6-1 loss, which was a 2-1 game heading into the third.

Cooper questioned the interpretation of the rules after the game.

"It's like…net-front battles aren't allowed anymore?" Cooper said Monday. "That's part of everybody's game. The boxing out that goes there, it's like prison rules in the playoffs, but it's not prison rules for the goalie? The second something happens…we might as well put skirts on them then if that's how it's going to be."

Whoops....

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
The Lightning had two goals disallowed for goalie interference in the first two periods of the 6-1 loss, which was a 2-1 game heading into the third.

Cooper questioned the interpretation of the rules after the game.

"It's like…net-front battles aren't allowed anymore?" Cooper said Monday. "That's part of everybody's game. The boxing out that goes there, it's like prison rules in the playoffs, but it's not prison rules for the goalie? The second something happens…we might as well put skirts on them then if that's how it's going to be."

Whoops....
On Wednesday, Cooper said his comments were offensive and he deeply regretted them.

"So, as you know, we had a pretty disappointing series loss the other night and I made an inappropriate analogy about goalies and skirts," Cooper said. "You know, it's one of those moments if you could just reach back and grab the words back, I would have.

"As a father of two [daughters] and a massive supporter of women's hockey…I have girls that play sports. Quite frankly, it was wrong and I have to go explain myself to my girls. I sincerely apologize to all I've offended. It's paining me more than the actual series loss itself. It's one of those moments that I don't think my actions of the past have led me. … I hope you judge me more on those maybe than emotional, quite frankly, dumb words that came out of my mouth the other night."

What a weak society we have become when words and cartoon pictures hurt people's feeling when we have bigger problems in the World.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
How do you think the Oilers will stack up against Vancouver (if they close it out against Nashville) as during the season they lost all 4 games against them. Also lost against Dallas twice and Colorado twice.

Reactions: kanadalainen

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How do you think the Oilers will stack up against Vancouver (if they close it out against Nashville) as during the season they lost all 4 games against them. Also lost against Dallas twice and Colorado twice.

Well we beat Colorado 3 times so regular season doesn't really seem to matter. Oilers have that extra gear in the playoffs and their top guys just don't quit coming at you,

They were always going to be Canada's best shot at a Cup. Sucks to admit it but they have 2 of the best players on the planet that actually has a decent supporting cast. Only thing holding them back right now is goaltending but teams have won Cups with worse goalies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Well we beat Colorado 3 times so regular season doesn't really seem to matter. Oilers have that extra gear in the playoffs and their top guys just don't quit coming at you,

They were always going to be Canada's best shot at a Cup. Sucks to admit it but they have 2 of the best players on the planet that actually has a decent supporting cast. Only thing holding them back right now is goaltending but teams have won Cups with worse goalies.
Unfortunately for them they’ve already been ruled out of legitimately winning the Cup this year. Best they can hope for is an asterisk title.

In fact, looks like we are headed towards asterisk champions no matter what. The Ducks retain the title of legitimate defending Cup champions for another year.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Unfortunately for them they’ve already been ruled out of legitimately winning the Cup this year. Best they can hope for is an asterisk title.

In fact, looks like we are headed towards asterisk champions no matter what. The Ducks retain the title of legitimate defending Cup champions for another year.

what you mean?

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
The 5 teams in the 2nd round already all have their PPs clicking so it will be interesting how the refs call the games.

Yeah Oil leading the charge on both PP and PK, though I suspect that Vancouver will likely pose more of a challenge than the Kings were on the PP. Canucks also have the 3rd best PK but I suspect that Edmonton will challenge that a lot more than the Preds did.

Panthers are kind of middle of the pack in both while Boston is at the top so that will be an interesting matchup as well.

After tonight Dallas and Vegas have identical PP and PK percentages of 33.3 and 66.7 respectively. That series could still go either way.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia

I hope they get bounced next round. Don’t want to see Kane or Perry celebrate a cup win

Besides the Oilers have enough cups.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I hope they get bounced next round. Don’t want to see Kane or Perry celebrate a cup win

Besides the Oilers have enough cups.

Yeah you just know it's gonna be them though. How many players of McDavids calibre don't win a Cup at some point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad