Around the NHL 11 - 2023/24

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Friends, if we run into Vegas again in the playoffs, can we start a chant like “LTIR-clap, clap, clap clap clap.” Or something of the like? “Cap’s for slackers” or “hurt til playoffs” or something like that?

Watching Stone get all fired up about scoring goals when he shows up just for the playoffs and conveniently is injured all season feels like textbook cheating maneuvers.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Friends, if we run into Vegas again in the playoffs, can we start a chant like “LTIR-clap, clap, clap clap clap.” Or something of the like? “Cap’s for slackers” or “hurt til playoffs” or something like that?

Watching Stone get all fired up about scoring goals when he shows up just for the playoffs and conveniently is injured all season feels like textbook cheating maneuvers.
“Show… us… your spleen. Show… us… your spleen.”

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Utah Fighting Saints

1713879853438.png

Reactions: buggs

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I’m pretty disappointed no one went after Stone.

When you play Vegas, you play the refs and the league too, it’s f***ing ridiculous how blatant it is.

I did get a real hoot from the Vegas broadcast last night talking about how “challenging” it must be for Vegas to mesh when they’ve never played a game together with that lineup and how much of a “playoff warrior” Mark Stone is because he stepped right into the lineup in the playoffs without a tune up game. I feel like I’m living in a simulation :laugh:

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So nice to see the cheats have gotten healthy just in time and get the win. This is really quite embarrassing for the league.🤮
If there is one positive out of it, it's all fanbases seem to be unanimous in their dislike of Vegas. They are no longer the league darlings, now the villians. We were definitely amongst the earliest to voice their hatred

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
I thought Jesse Pollock made an interesting point in the latest Bardown video regarding this LTIR shite. To prevent a player (like Stone, always Stone) from returning right on time for game 1, make it so a player has to return within the last 5 regular season games. Every game they miss during those final 5 count towards missing a playoff game. If it were me, I'd make it that you'd have to return within 5, maybe even 7 games, and if you don't play in all of them, you miss the first round.

To play devil's advocate, nothing Vegas has done is technically against the rules. It is however blatant manipulation of a loophole that the NHL is doing nothing to fix. If they don't acknowledge that the hockey world is collectively up in arms about Vegas perennially abusing a flaw in their system and do nothing to fix it, they're even worse. It'd be hard then, to not accuse them of being bedfellows.

I know it's bad form to wish injury on a player. So let's just say, I won't shed a tear if Mark Stone is forced to miss the remainder of the playoffs be it from reasons clean, or otherwise. Him and the Golden Shites can frig right off, bud.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Watched the Edmonton LA highlights... thought it was going to look worse - Oilers didn't seem to 'dominate' and the Lewis goal called back was pretty bogus...

So hard to tell if it was a hand or end of the stick

If I was an oiler fan and they called that a good goal I’d have been upset. I understand why it was called no goal

That said, I agree - the game itself was not as lopsided as the score or media personalities made it seem. Kings messed up giving oilers 4 penalties and they did not play their structure very well. It might have been because they were down early they stretched it out more - that style doesn’t suit them well. Lots of self inflicted wounds

If you go to the kings board they are super down on their team. I think they’ll make adjustments and surprise a lot of people second game, but I also thought they’d upset Oilers in game 1 so I haven’t exactly been Nostradamus lol

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I thought Jesse Pollock made an interesting point in the latest Bardown video regarding this LTIR shite. To prevent a player (like Stone, always Stone) from returning right on time for game 1, make it so a player has to return within the last 5 regular season games. Every game they miss during those final 5 count towards missing a playoff game. If it were me, I'd make it that you'd have to return within 5, maybe even 7 games, and if you don't play in all of them, you miss the first round.

To play devil's advocate, nothing Vegas has done is technically against the rules. It is however blatant manipulation of a loophole that the NHL is doing nothing to fix.

Well said ^

That’s also an interesting take from JP

Reactions: Ponds

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

To play devil's advocate, nothing Vegas has done is technically against the rules. It is however blatant manipulation of a loophole that the NHL is doing nothing to fix. If they don't acknowledge that the hockey world is collectively up in arms about Vegas perennially abusing a flaw in their system and do nothing to fix it, they're even worse. It'd be hard then, to not accuse them of being bedfellows.

I know it's bad form to wish injury on a player. So let's just say, I won't shed a tear if Mark Stone is forced to miss the remainder of the playoffs be it from reasons clean, or otherwise. Him and the Golden Shites can frig right off, bud.
So easy to fix make the salary cap apply for the playoffs too ... problem solved.
Whatever happened to Robin Lehner $5M goalie?
It's amazing how Vegas signs bad contracts and are able to dump them. It wouldn't surprise me if money is passed under the table.

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
So easy to fix make the salary cap apply for the playoffs too ... problem solved.
Whatever happened to Robin Lehner $5M goalie?
It's amazing how Vegas signs bad contracts and are able to dump them. It wouldn't surprise me if money is passed under the table.

Just make the cap count in the playoffs.

The argument against cap counting in the playoffs would be - if you have a key player get legitimately mangled during the reg season and need to reinforce to compensate for their absence in the postseason, it could hurt your ability to do so. The way this has continued on for the last few seasons in favor of a specific team, I'd be fine with it personally.

Reactions: Jets 31

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
The argument against cap counting in the playoffs would be - if you have a key player get legitimately mangled during the reg season and need to reinforce to compensate for their absence in the postseason, it could hurt your ability to do so. The way this has continued on for the last few seasons in favor of a specific team, I'd be fine with it personally.
You can get around this by just applying it to the active roster I think but then you'll have teams rest a star every second game to play a different star.. not sure how you fix this - because it sure would make it hard to the avs to play landeskog who's been legit injured

Reactions: macmaroon and Ponds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad