Around the NHL 10 - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I don't know why camps ans preseason is as long as it is. They don't need more then 4 games given half the starters just half ass it until the season starts.

True, but those endless "11 Jets rookies with fire in their hearts competing for 3 spots that don't actually exist because gudvets will fill them" narratives don't write themselves.

Gotta have a chance to rank the training camps before the season actually starts and the half-arsing starters regain their rightful place in order to half-arse it through either the first, second or both halves of the season.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I don't know why camps ans preseason is as long as it is. They don't need more then 4 games given half the starters just half ass it until the season starts.
Teams know what their fans like... and do everything they can to take as much of it away as possible. :laugh:

shaking_figure_for_money_anim_lg_wm.gif

True, but those endless "11 Jets rookies with fire in their hearts competing for 3 spots that don't actually exist because gudvets will fill them" narratives don't write themselves.

Gotta have a chance to rank the training camps before the season actually starts and the half-arsing starters regain their rightful place in order to half-arse it through either the first, second or both halves of the season.
And playoff elimination games. Very important to half-arse it there, too. :nod:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

None

Feb 22, 2012

I wonder if they're all going to the Blues and how they're making the cap work on that big of a trade.

Edit:

Krug and/or Leddy going the other way? :dunno:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Once the deal is finalized it will be 4 years and $2.9 M AAV as <a href="https://twitter.com/reporterchris?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@reporterchris</a> also said here. <br>Both aides finalizing no-trade language <a href="https://t.co/huWZcPYjYi">https://t.co/huWZcPYjYi</a></p>&mdash; Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) <a href="">June 24, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Wow. NTC, 12 mill and 4 years -- it's the Alternate World Wheeler deal we all dread.

Talk about the Captain's Curse.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Vilardi making an appearance

I don't know how they jump to the conclusion that playing a tougher role would have ranked Vilardi even higher. Isn't it possible that in a tougher role he wouldn't have performed as well defensively and had a lower rank?

Reactions: RabidOne

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
The no real superstar approach worked for Seattle. I mean, I've always thought a team who works hard every game would win more than they lost so it will be included to see if the Jets go that approach. No real stars outside of Connor Josh Ehlers but a group of dudes who work hard and are responsible. It could work

I don't think u need to move 55 to make that happen tho, I think you need to recognize his defensive weaknesses and pair him with 2 strong defensively responsible forwards

Nino scheif Vilardi
Connor Perfetti Ehlers

You got a pretty defensively reliable Nino and Vilardi with 55 and u got defensively responsible play making center with KC

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The no real superstar approach worked for Seattle. I mean, I've always thought a team who works hard every game would win more than they lost so it will be included to see if the Jets go that approach. No real stars outside of Connor Josh Ehlers but a group of dudes who work hard and are responsible. It could work

I don't think u need to move 55 to make that happen tho, I think you need to recognize his defensive weaknesses and pair him with 2 strong defensively responsible forwards

Nino scheif Vilardi
Connor Perfetti Ehlers

You got a pretty defensively reliable Nino and Vilardi with 55 and u got defensively responsible play making center with KC

I'd swap Ehlers and Vilardi. Want some size on Perfetti's line.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Nino scheif Vilardi
Connor Perfetti Ehlers

Seattle actually has scoring depth. Our team doesn't like to be built with depth scoring.

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad