SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
crying-onions.gif

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I noticed 2 teams, the Panthers and the Leafs could only field the minimum 20 player rosters to make it under the Cap. Be interesting to see how that gets managed during the year. Toronto's LTIR is a constant caroussel to cheat the Cap. They'll probably use the Emergency Callups more than any other team. Hasn't worked for them. Florida is still trying to sign Eric Staal with no Cap space, so I wonder if you see a trade there in the near future.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Vilardi looking like he's found another gear early on this year. He was someone I was wanting the team to pursue.

Byfield with showing some good hands around the net and hoping to the right areas.

Reactions: hn777 and Mathil8

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Listening to ESPN in the LA / VGK game on opening night, and I just wanted to give full marks to ESPN for putting Leah Hextall back in a position to succeed. She's been perfect as an on-the-ice reporter -- she speaks knowledgeably and confidently and without hesitation, and she adds some color to the proceedings.

It's funny because like 95% of the people who called me an "obvious" misogynist for questioning Leah's PBP skills weren't even born when Sherry Ross was doing her ground-breaking work with the Devils, yet they wouldn't know her from Eve; but right now, at least so far in the game, Leah has been an absolutely wonderful addition to the game, to the point where I hope she gets more segments in the second period.

It wasn't misogyny when they told Happy Gilmore that he was better at golf than he was at hockey, yeah?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Second and third they took it over. Tampa looked slow and sluggish. Not sure of they make another run this year.
Making deep runs like the bolts do add up to a lot more hockey than other teams over the years. Seems like during the Pens recent heyday it would take them until January to heat up. Same with the Blackhawks

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I noticed 2 teams, the Panthers and the Leafs could only field the minimum 20 player rosters to make it under the Cap. Be interesting to see how that gets managed during the year. Toronto's LTIR is a constant caroussel to cheat the Cap. They'll probably use the Emergency Callups more than any other team. Hasn't worked for them. Florida is still trying to sign Eric Staal with no Cap space, so I wonder if you see a trade there in the near future.
How many times does it need to be pointed out that if the rules allow it, it's not cheating? Get over it, people.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
How many times does it need to be pointed out that if the rules allow it, it's not cheating? Get over it, people.
Agreed.
I liken it to my tax guy. If he ain't looking to squeeze every benefit or loophole with in the tax laws, why exactly do I have him working for me? I want to maximize my $ return from from the gov.

Similarly, these gm's should be looking to squeeze out every possible dollar of cap space within the rules.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Did LA choose to wear white at home? Thought they were playing in Vegas until I noticed their logo in the middle of the ice.

And if so, how dare the Jets not choose to do this at any point yet? I want me a playoff whiteout.

EDIT: Gotta say, this crowd in LA is electric.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Trouba played his heart out as a Jet, every damn game. His loyalties lie elsewhere? Good for him. He got the fat bag that he'd never get here. And this "go for the fat bag and move to where I want to move to" was inspired by his wife? So what? What dude among us hasn't done at least one goofy, objectively not-self-interested thing on behalf of their better half? Exactly :P

Trouba played his heart out as a Jet, every damn game. His loyalties lie elsewhere? Good for him. He got the fat bag that he'd never get here. And this "go for the fat bag and move to where I want to move to" was inspired by his wife? So what? What dude among us hasn't done at least one goofy, objectively not-self-interested thing on behalf of their better half? Exactly :P

Having said that, both of my children are literal Lovecraftian curses on my existence, and I'd rather blow my brains out with an arquebus than look either of them in the eye but HEY, dad life AMIRITE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad