Around the NHL — Episode XLXVI

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
what a lose Tom Wilson is for Washington’s playoff run. Sucks to lose him for the next 2 weeks - had 11 points in the last 13 games

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
You see Philly stumbling a bit and going into games where they desperately need points against Toronto, Carolina, Boston and they get 5 of 6 points. This is how playoff seasons are made

Ottawa just could never get a win, or get a game to OT and squeeze out a point in games they maybe deserved points in, they couldn’t stop the bleeding. They just couldn’t be desperate enough for long enough to control their own fate

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Have the fans stopped whining about their team being full of losers?
They’re at the top of the standings. Wonder if that’s acceptable.
It was good match between two evenly matched teams. No idea why fans would be whining either. Maybe they dipped at some point in the season? Rangers are right in the thick of things with the best in Eastern Conference teams like Florida, Boston, Canes, etc.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Some fantastic match ups tonight:

Wings against the Caps. I am cheering hard for the Caps to knock the Wings out of the playoffs.
Florida and Boston. Two top teams... Eastern Conference final preview
Vegas and Nashville: should be a good battle for the final two wild card spots
Oilers in Winnipeg: Edmonton licking their wounds inflicted by the Leafs and Sens
Yotes hosting the Bluejackets: We need the Yotes to take this one and stay ahead of us in the tankathon.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Damn that Patrick Kane. Tied it up with 5 to go.
They’re lucky they got him or they’d be screwed.

They got a point but lost in ot. So we got that going for us. ;)

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Wild game between the Rangers and Flyers. Lots of goals in the 3rd period, seesaw back & forth with Rangers winning in OT.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Shane Doan was the original no-taxes and Sun guy in the NHL, the one guy who refused to play for a good team so he could tan. I always thought players played to win Cups but Doan would not leave that disgustingly bad Phoenix team no matter what was out there. He just stayed out, sucked, and had Gretzky talk about how great it is to play hockey in Arizona is

Shane Doan made business decisions, not hockey decisions. Not a real hockey player IMO

Last edited:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Doan's always got my respect. Man played hockey at a high level for a long time and seemed more interested in helping establish a fledgling franchise than he was in glory-chasing. Class act on and off the ice.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
3 goals, 1 shorthanded, and 14 shots on goal between Arizona's 1st and 2nd round pick last night is wild.

What an absolute haul Arizona had, Guenther, Doan and Moser in the first 2 rounds

And Doan was a great bit of scouting, albeit obviously other factors leading to that

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Shane Doan was the original no-taxes and Sun guy in the NHL, the one guy who refused to play for a good team so he could tan. I always thought players played to win Cups but Doan would not leave that disgustingly bad Phoenix team no matter what was out there. He just stayed out, sucked, and had Gretzky talk about how great it is to play hockey in Arizona is

Shane Doan made business decisions, not hockey decisions. Not a real hockey player IMO
Phoenix actually had some good teams in the early 2010s. They never went anywhere in the playoffs but I remember one year, they were one of the best reg. season teams in the league.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
3 goals, 1 shorthanded, and 14 shots on goal between Arizona's 1st and 2nd round pick last night is wild.

What an absolute haul Arizona had, Guenther, Doan and Moser in the first 2 rounds

And Doan was a great bit of scouting, albeit obviously other factors leading to that
Arz and Dal absolutely crushed it that year.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Doan had 32 playoff games by the time he was Chabot and Brady's age.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

I'm so annoyed that we couldn't have lost just one more game in 2021. We could have drafted Guenther or Clarke instead of Boucher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad