Around the NHL – Part XL - Mod post page 249

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh Eliminated, Islanders clinch.
This was an epic collapse.

Bittersweet

I can't actually believe there's no Crosby in the playoffs.

not being facetious. this isn't something I expected to happen lol
I can feel that crybaby/get all the calls juju going to Princess Hughes and Jersey

gonna be the leagues new darling

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang miss the postseason for the first time. Sidney Crosby misses for the first time since his rookie season. They will play a game while eliminated for the first time as teammates.

Reading that was the best part of my day

I just hope they can lose to Columbus tomorrow. Lol.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I'm around the same age and I think it depends where you live. If you're from North Jersey it's the Devils if you're in the city or Long Island I am sure it's the Islanders.
Can confirm, as a Long Islander I was REALLY hoping the Islanders would miss the playoffs after they puked all over themselves vs Washington the other night.

The Pens choking even worse and missing is nice consolation but I think I would've preferred Islanders miss and Pens lose to Boston. C'est la vie. Pittsburgh choking when they had their playoff lives in their own hands and two games remaining vs literally the 2 worst teams in the league is pretty sweet though.

RangerFanSince89

Mar 20, 2023
Hopefully if isles play bruins in round 1 it doesn't go like it went in '21 when isles beat them in 6. If I recall the Bruins mostly outplayed them but Rask was hurt and other important defensemen were hurt too... (because the isles were dirty)

Reactions: bl02

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Hopefully if isles play bruins in round 1 it doesn't go like it went in '21 when isles beat them in 6. If I recall the Bruins mostly outplayed them but Rask was hurt and other important defensemen were hurt too... (because the isles were dirty)
I'd be all for it. The Bruins getting knocked off makes our road to the finals much easier.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yeah basically guys like Reilly and Tinordi were having to play some big minutes. That won't be happening this time around.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
The Piles are not that good and suck on the road. They will lose in the first round no matter who they play. They will get destroyed by Boston if that is the matchup.

they won't win, but that's who i want bos playing. sorokin can easily make it a 6 game series almost singlehandedly and the isles will take their pound of flesh. no one was knocking bos out as the wc, but the isles are the best bet to tenderize them a bit before probably toronto. not that it matters for us unless we survive the first 2 rounds.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang miss the postseason for the first time. Sidney Crosby misses for the first time since his rookie season. They will play a game while eliminated for the first time as teammates.

Reading that was the best part of my day
Yeah f*** all those 3 and that entire crybaby organization. Piles don't come close to the whining that team does.

Also, no stupid horn in the playoffs, and no one will be getting shafted by the refs in the penguins building.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The Piles are not that good and suck on the road. They will lose in the first round no matter who they play. They will get destroyed by Boston if that is the matchup.
I'm worried if they play Carolina. They look awful. I think they get knocked out no matter who they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad