Around the League

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The warning on Hronek was that he always wears down. He is too physical for his frame. I don’t question his effort but it was clear Hughes along with Hronek’s somewhat typical strong starts were there. The second half showed a stumble and to me he has struggled in the playoffs.

This was the theory of most moving on from him. He was a good #3, but not always a play driver that had some irregularities in performance but seemed to be banged up by midseason most years. Guy was a warrior and would play through a lot. But I didn’t want to pay him much north of 6 much less what we could assume was a tough number from his agent.

Curious what they do in Vancouver with him in the offseason.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Hurricanes are gonna be another interesting team to watch this offseason. They have a bunch of really good players but no game changers. Is that a result of the system brind'amor has implemented where shot quantity is valued above quality?

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
That would be something else. Seems like Ken doesn't want to stick around and take the blame for those two big stars not resigning.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The warning on Hronek was that he always wears down. He is too physical for his frame. I don’t question his effort but it was clear Hughes along with Hronek’s somewhat typical strong starts were there. The second half showed a stumble and to me he has struggled in the playoffs.

This was the theory of most moving on from him. He was a good #3, but not always a play driver that had some irregularities in performance but seemed to be banged up by midseason most years. Guy was a warrior and would play through a lot. But I didn’t want to pay him much north of 6 much less what we could assume was a tough number from his agent.

Curious what they do in Vancouver with him in the offseason.
I think Hronek is battling through a fairly serious injury right now but he hasn’t been good for a few months. Guess we’ll see how hurt he is when the off-season happens. He’s flubbing passes, unable to control pucks and his shot is non-existent so he has to be battling something.

He’s not worth anything near he thinks he is though and I’d let him walk if he thinks he can get a big deal.

He definitely wore down, as you said. Hughes and him were absolutely insane together at the start of the year - looked like they played 5 years together.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Just a shame he hasn't gone into handlebar mode.

FhPpKwhakAAGQpS

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I didn't know what it was worth a thread but former Wing (for a short stint) Brendan Perlini has a Youtube channel he just started. He seems really grateful to have played in the NHL and has some interesting stories about his time there.

They're a little unpolished at this point but pretty good. This one is about his worst NHL injury where he took a skate to the face when he was a Red Wing.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
And sadly the thread on the Blackhawks lawsuit went exactly as expected.

This place makes me lose hope for humanity sometimes.

Not sure who here is all old enough to remember the Penn State/Joe Paterno scandal and who was on the internet at the time, but the overwhelming majority of the online portion of Blackhawks fanbase these last couple years with all of the really f***ed up stuff that has gone on in that organization, have acted almost identically to how Penn State fans did re Paterno when the investigation found that he knew what was going on the entire time and didn't do anything about it.

It's despicable, disgusting behaviour.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
I think Hronek is battling through a fairly serious injury right now but he hasn’t been good for a few months. Guess we’ll see how hurt he is when the off-season happens. He’s flubbing passes, unable to control pucks and his shot is non-existent so he has to be battling something.

He’s not worth anything near he thinks he is though and I’d let him walk if he thinks he can get a big deal.

He definitely wore down, as you said. Hughes and him were absolutely insane together at the start of the year - looked like they played 5 years together.
Oh man - This gave me flashbacks to not the year he got traded from Detroit but I think the year before.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I feel like that'd be a mistake on his part

not that i'm high on his chances of doing well anywhere but if he goes to a team with that little talent it's not gonna end well, and he's 50 now, a second failure will probably kill his NHL Head Coaching prospects for good
He was supposedly making $1.6M/season on his last Wings contract. If he could get $2M x 4 years with the Sharks, he could retire afterwards or go back to being an assistant. I think it'll come down to money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad