Around the League

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Mark Stone with a really weak 3 point series and -2. It's good for the game that they didn't succeed in exploiting the LTIR loophole again. Hopefully this was the end of Vegas as a contender.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Mark Stone with a really weak 3 point series and -2. It's good for the game that they didn't succeed in exploiting the LTIR loophole again. Hopefully this was the end of Vegas as a contender.

I think Vegas will be ok, but agree that the LTIR loophole needs closing.

That Vegas/Dallas series felt like a western conference finals series. I don’t think the remaining teams in the west have the overall depth, goaltending or team defense to keep up with Dallas right now.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007

Everyone that can, does, use it. they are no different. To say Mark Stone wasn't playing hurt is to ignore Mark Stone playing hurt :)

Reactions: jkutswings

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I think Vegas will be ok, but agree that the LTIR loophole needs closing.

That Vegas/Dallas series felt like a western conference finals series. I don’t think the remaining teams in the west have the overall depth, goaltending or team defense to keep up with Dallas right now.
I think Colorado has the best chance, but if Dallas gets past the Avs I see them handling either Edmonton or Vancouver.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I think Boston matches up pretty well with Fler-i-duh. I can see Swayman pulling out a Jordan Binnington-esque performance and taking them on a deep run.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Every team that made it to the 2nd round had at least 104 points this season. 90-something point teams need not apply I guess.

Reactions: Filppula

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
Not sure why I was enjoying seeing the Broons win a game, but I guess the cats were more irritating to me this season. Funniest part for me was watching Bob duck and get scored on. Far cry from years ago watching Hasek reach his face out to stop shots with his mask.
Of course Hasek was a bit mental...

Oct 18, 2006
Not sure why I was enjoying seeing the Broons win a game, but I guess the cats were more irritating to me this season. Funniest part for me was watching Bob duck and get scored on. Far cry from years ago watching Hasek reach his face out to stop shots with his mask.
I found myself cheering Boston goals so I guess I know who I’m going for lol. I just don’t like Florida.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Travis Green in Ottawa for 4 years.
1000008022.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: PullHard and MooMiN

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Jonatan Berggren is our Lord and Savior,
May 11, 2023
A bit? Hasek was hockey Joker. A literal insane person. Someone made fun of him, said his clothes made him look like Kramer... Dom took all that dude's clothes and threw them in the shower.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Well if swayman continues to be dialed in like he has, I may have to switch my pick from the panthers to bruins to go the finals. Still think the panthers pull this series off in 6 or 7 games but we shall see how the panthers respond in game 2

Reactions: Konnan511

Twinger

Sep 28, 2017
It will be interesting to see what Carolina does in the off season and what happens with Guentzel

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
The west series really interest me. Go Oil

I live an hour south of Vancouver, but I'm on Team Makar. Worked in Denver for 3 years including their inaugural season.

I cannot get myself to root for any Canadian team even if most of the locals here are Canucks fans. (Some have switched to the Kraken.)

Reactions: Konnan511

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
A bit? Hasek was hockey Joker. A literal insane person. Someone made fun of him, said his clothes made him look like Kramer... Dom took all that dude's clothes and threw them in the shower.
Oh! I was aiming for Mariana trench deep levels of understatement there :wg:
I remember the stories of him getting genuinely angry about getting scored on in practice. If they gave out a trophy for craziest goalie I'm sure he could have gotten the half dozen to pair up with his Vezinas, lol.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
If I am Boston, I call up an AHL goon and send him out with direct orders to take out Tkachuk and as dirty as possible.

Even if Pasta went after Matt, I wouldn't be pleased with those punches my best scorer took.

Florida goonery is the worst, it makes me hope Boston wins, and that usually never happens.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Ugh the Bruins really are the lesser of two evils for once. I hate this.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
If I am Boston, I call up an AHL goon and send him out with direct orders to take out Tkachuk and as dirty as possible.

Even if Pasta went after Matt, I wouldn't be pleased with those punches my best scorer took.

Florida goonery is the worst, it makes me hope Boston wins, and that usually never happens.

Ugh the Bruins really are the lesser of two evils for once. I hate this.
Honestly I can only hope that these teams destroy each other. Boston's game plan for years has been "NHL refs will always swallow their whistles in the playoffs, and try to keep penalties relatively even. If we commit 30 penalties, get called 4 times and the other team commits 5 penalties and gets called twice, we come out way ahead. So let's just hurt people." I can't feel any sympathy watching it get used against them.

I don't care who wins the series. I just am excited to watch. I hope the NHL figures out that a very successful team strategy involves flagrant disregard for the rules and fixes that somehow.

Reactions: RED WINGS STOMP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad