Around the League XXII: Richie Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
@DarrenDreger: 1 yr,$3.8 mil for Ramo in Calgary.

With the way backup goalies have been getting paid, I wonder how much longer people will say Crawfords contract sucks for. Was pricy at the time but I think it looks fine now. Maybe a little long.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Shea Weber just deposited [another] 13 million dollar check today.

Yeesh.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Larry Brooks ‎@NYP_Brooksie
End of an Era: Sather to hand over GM position to Gorton while remaining as NYR president. Announcement should come this afternoon.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
It was front heavy because he signed an offer sheet with Philly? I think it was in order to make it harder for a cash strapped team to match.

Yeah, they didn't think Nashville would match since they had to make four $13 million payments each of the first four years on July 1. I think his salary for the first four years is only $1 million per. Those were some big payments for a team like Nashville to take on.

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago

Marty St. Louis retired. Not a huge surprise, but I thought he would've given it one more year to try and retire with a Cup.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Benning under fire from fans and media in Vancouver now comes this bombshell

Frank Seravalli
✔ ‎@frank_seravalli
#Canucks announce VP and asst GM Laurence Gilman, asst GM Lorne Henning and dir of player personnel Eric Crawford have been fired. #TSN

Benning with ruthless purge of upper management ,, Canucks could be back to Messier Era bad soon as Benning has proven to be a pretty poor GM at this point

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Is Benning firing these people or is it ownership trying to pacify fans but not wanting to fire benNing?

dbridge

Bluth Lockout 2015
Nov 28, 2010
Chicago
He did win a cup with Tampa

Yeah I know, but he seemed like someone who'd want to go out on top (not that going out with a loss in the Finals and Conference Finals is fizzling out).

Benning is running quite the show in Vancouver now. Edmonton, Calgary, LA, Anaheim, and San Jose have all made moves to try and improve this year, wouldn't be surprised at all to see Vancouver finish 6th in the division next season.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
Voynov plea is misdemeanor corporal injury to spouse with 3 yrs probation and 90 days in jail. That it's not a felony is probably big for his immigration status.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
So Voynov pleads no contest and is charged with a misdemeanor corporal injury... how much you want to bet LA has no intentions of voiding his contract? (Assuming he is reinstated). Meanwhile, Richards not even charged. Morality clause my ****ing ass. I'm sick of them trying to find a loophole in the rules.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
So Voynov pleads no contest and is charged with a misdemeanor corporal injury... how much you want to bet LA has no intentions of voiding his contract? Meanwhile, Richards not even charged. Morality clause my ****ing ass. I'm sick of them trying to find a loophole in the rules.

We'll see what happens. They may not have a choice. The NHL and the commissioner has the right to terminate any contract, even without the team's support if they feel the player has behaved in such a way as to harm the game (which is basically just code for 'it's embarrassing').

I agree with you though. I think he'll be playing in LA again when he's out. And if not in LA, somewhere else in the NHL. Misdemeanours generally don't derail professional athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad