Around the League XXII: Richie Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/30/nhls-...ied-about-oxycodone-drama-at-canadian-border/

Take it with a grain of salt given the source, but if carrying oxycodone across the border is what the Kings are banking on, then I don't think this contract termination will stand.

No idea on their sources but this is the most obvious first guess for anyone who heard about the story. And I agree, this (allegation) doesn't seem like something that would hold up to a PA challenge.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
That seems really weak. I mean he might even have a prescription. No way this should stand IMO. Morality clause bs... Preds just signed Riberio for ****s sake.

And I doubt LA had a problem with his drug use when he was using it to keep playing in the playoffs. What's the problem here, that he crossed the border without declaring it or something? Don't know that much about international border laws. Wonder how much he had on him.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
^Yeah... whether or not he had a prescription will be what makes or breaks this contract move for the Kings.

And I can't believe any team would sign Ribeiro in the middle of all of this. Just seems like bad business/PR.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Again, if this is the real reason I would be shocked if it held up. Hockey/football player possessing painkillers??? Unimaginable :sarcasm:.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
And it's too late for them to buy him out, right? So essentially a loss would **** them over even further?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It's seemingly certain a Vegas team will exist. In this case, I would much prefer to see the Coyotes remain in the area and move to Vegas instead of them adding an expansion team only to see the Coyotes move the franchise elsewhere to Seattle/Quebec/etc.

It would also be able to keep the name and not add some lame, gamblers, black aces, type of names schemes that all sound bad to me.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
How the hell does that schmuck get a second rounder yet we can't unload Bickell, Versteeg, or Sharp?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Dude, cool it with the misplaced attempts at objectivity. I know the offseason isn't over yet but Bowman was unable to move three players at a time that's usually the 2nd busiest time of the year to make trades. Through that entire period there was a myriad of rumor/speculation from Beat Reporters and TSN implying disputes between Bowman and other GMs about the value of those players.

...and then Bieksa gets a 2nd rounder. Thank you for telling me the offseason isn't over yet. I hadn't realized it wasn't October.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
If this whole thing re Richards involves him carrying oxy w/o a prescription (and not even being charged w/ it - as of yet) it's difficult for me to imagine LAK getting away w/ terminating his contract...but :dunno:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
How the hell does that schmuck get a second rounder yet we can't unload Bickell, Versteeg, or Sharp?

Because Murray just announced that Beauchemin would be heading to free agency, so they had a hole on D to fill, in a Dcorps filled with young guys.

Also, the Ducks are built to win now (at least in the eyes of their GM). So a 2nd rounder next year is a price worth paying to fill a hole in their lineup, for less than what Beauchemin was demanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad