Around the League XIX: Kings Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
West just opened up big time. Not every year a team as strong as the Kings misses out.

The Pacific in particular just became a cake-walk.

Hopefully the Hawks respond to seeing their biggest playoff obstacle the last few seasons ousted by looking around at each other and taking full advantage of the highway that's been opened up for them.

...or they could keep playing like they have and waste the opportunity.

:laugh: The playoffs are no easier than they were before the Kings were eliminated. The Kings were highly overrated this year, and this result shows that as a fact.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Listening two two different TSN stations....

Toronto: Man, what if we landed McDavid? Imagine if we landed McDavid. We're going to land McDavid. What would it take us to trade McDavid? We're never trading McDavid.
Winnipeg: wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd still love to see Columbus land him. Toronto would be the best news for us just from a cap perspective, as the NHL will literally sell a million McDavid Leafs sweaters and that counts towards HRR.

Really, I'd be good with anybody except Edmonton or LA.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I think Winnipeg and Minnesota win their first round series

I think Winnipeg takes a big chunk out of whoever they play but still lose. Winnipeg is going to be too hyped and physical. They are going to run around alot, IMO.

Minnesota wins, I agree.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Calgary and Winnipeg combined remind me of the Hawks, "09 and 10" clubs. They play with so much energy and have all the right tools to win a playoff series. Right now the Hawks look like tired old men who just wanna go home early and go to bed.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
If the Hawks don't come out of the West, I hope Calgary does. Love watching them play.

I'm not really expecting Calgary to go far though. Maybe the WCF, like the Hawks in 09.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
I agree that Winnipeg can have a tendency to wear themselves out early that was proven in that Hawks game a couple weeks ago were they were working us hard in the beginning and then they faded after that. I just think that Ladd, Buff, Froliks experience will help them persevere. I mean Buff is back in the playoffs you know he's jacked.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Calgary and Winnipeg combined remind me of the Hawks, "09 and 10" clubs. They play with so much energy and have all the right tools to win a playoff series. Right now the Hawks look like tired old men who just wanna go home early and go to bed.

Hawks imo are pretty much done unfortunately. Just seem like Q has worn his welcome and that the team doesn't have the will needed to win again. I think they will be back in about 3 years, but this playoffs and the next 2 years will be a disappointment.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Was everyone down on the hawks 2 years ago when the hawks went down 3-1 to detroit? Will be interesting to read this forum if the hawks win their last game in decisive fashion, then the first 2 playoff games.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I think the Hawks have a better chance of getting "Varlomov'd" than beating Colorado in decisive fashion.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think the Hawks have a better chance of getting "Varlomov'd" than beating Colorado in decisive fashion.

Yeah, the Avalanche are going to be difficult to beat for sure. Since the discussion is about the playoffs (obviously) and I know you have been out on the road scouting...besides Varlamov what else do you think makes them such a tough out in this year's playoffs?

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Was everyone down on the hawks 2 years ago when the hawks went down 3-1 to detroit? Will be interesting to read this forum if the hawks win their last game in decisive fashion, then the first 2 playoff games.

I knew the Hawks would pull that series out and you can even look up my old posts to prove it. That Hawks team that year smoked the whole league and broke records along the way and then took out two heavyweights on their way to another Cup. This year even with the Kings out it doesn't look like an easy path. Never count out a champ but right now we don't even know who our opponent is and we still don't have Kane so I'll reserve judgement until I know who the Hawks are playing.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto

Yes...go find the threads from that time. People wanted everyone fired ASAP. This board went into meltdown mode. Someone (Coldsteel, maybe?) even wanted Q fired in the middle of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad