Around the League XIX: Kings Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
What do you consider big? They aren't moving Crosby or Malkin, and Fleury will have to be Huet bad for him to get moved after the season he had.

I was thinking Letang would be asset that would get best value they could trade and guy who most likely would be moved of core

Fleury they are stuck with given contract extension he got.

At some point the Pens need to admit the problem is the players. Already dumped GM/Coach so if another playoff disappointment happens it will be time to make changes to roster (Big changes)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panthers with another loss , Things starting to look bleak in Sunrise

Sens win and B's going to SO vs Sabres

-- B's lose in SO ,, Sens now just 4 pts back --

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Sharks have simply given up

Another blowout as its 5-1 Jets now

Since Wilson spoke about Thornton the Sharks have been disaster. Outscored 11-2 and look lifeless

Had pulled themselves right back into playoff race before the Wilson/Thornton controversy happened

Last edited:

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
The Wild just tied it up with the Predators. Looking like a 3 point game there with less than 5 minutes left. The Blues just pulled ahead 1-0.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
The Wild just tied it up with the Predators. Looking like a 3 point game there with less than 5 minutes left. The Blues just pulled ahead 1-0.

Wild over Preds in OT. Hotstreak continues for Minny.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Sharks have simply given up

Another blowout as its 5-1 Jets now

Since Wilson spoke about Thornton the Sharks have been disaster. Outscored 11-2 and look lifeless

Had pulled themselves right back into playoff race before the Wilson/Thornton controversy happened

The Sharks need to clean house.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Nashville comes away with only 1 point after the Wild score a couple at the end of the game to bring it to OT, and win in OT.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
If I'm quick to mock other fanbases for their own moronic idiosyncrasies, I have to give them props for when they do something good.

"Who's your captain?"

Not bad, Winnipeg. 9 Trolls out of 10.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Rather play the Preds in the first round as the 2 or the Wild/Jets as the division winner?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I'd want to play:
Calgary
Wild
Preds
Jets
Blues
LA

We own the wild, the preds are nothing special, Jets are too physical so we'd beat them but come out limping, blues we'd beat as well but same as Jets and I want to save the LA series for the WCF.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I'd want to play:
Calgary
Wild
Preds
Jets
Blues
LA

We own the wild, the preds are nothing special, Jets are too physical so we'd beat them but come out limping, blues we'd beat as well but same as Jets and I want to save the LA series for the WCF.

I know we own the Wild but they skate so damn hard. I felt really uneasy last year in that series. Clearly playing Calgary is the real prize. Feel the same as you do about the Jets, want no part of them. My list matches yours but swap Preds and Wild.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I know we own the Wild but they skate so damn hard. I felt really uneasy last year in that series. Clearly playing Calgary is the real prize. Feel the same as you do about the Jets, want no part of them. My list matches yours but swap Preds and Wild.

The Wild as an idea are so much scarier than the reality when you look at their roster. Their cetner depth would get demolished by the Hawks. Vermette might be better than Koivu and Granlund. Their 2nd pair is weak to me. Their goalie is getting ridden into the ground. Who actually scares you on that team?

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
The Wild have mostly outplayed the Hawks since last year's playoff series. Crawford has been the Hawks saving grace against them.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
So if the Hawks win tonight, they'll be:

3 points back of St. Louis

2 points back of Nashville, with 2 games in hand

7 points ahead of Minnesota

But yeah, they might not make the playoffs :sarcasm:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Just messing around in NHLnumbers. OMG is LA screwed in the long run.

Dustin Brown has the same numbers as Bickell and he is signed for 5.8 for 7 more years. Unreal.
Mike Richards is in the AHL and signed for 5 more years at 5.75.

That's a whole Kane contract worth of essentially dead money, then they have to sign Kopitar to a Toews contract. + who knows on Voynov. To top it off, no 1st round pick.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Just messing around in NHLnumbers. OMG is LA screwed in the long run.

Dustin Brown has the same numbers as Bickell and he is signed for 5.8 for 7 more years. Unreal.
Mike Richards is in the AHL and signed for 5 more years at 5.75.

That's a whole Kane contract worth of essentially dead money, then they have to sign Kopitar to a Toews contract. + who knows on Voynov. To top it off, no 1st round pick.

I thought Bickell was a sixty point player being under utilized by Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad