Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Considering Bostons previous performance in the last few post-seasons.
I think that team isnt as good as media claims they are,
they're still a playoff team but they're no longer that championship calibre team.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Anyone who thinks Samsonov is anything but expendable after this series should call their doctors to book for head CT, MRI, X-Ray, an IQ test, and a full evaluation with a psychologist. And possibly get a colonoscopy too.

And yeah, Nylander, well done.

Samsonov is fine as a 30 game goalie / 1B but yeah hes not who u want in net as your starter

Reactions: Indiana

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Around 30 seconds to go and one of the Toronto defenders does a blind back pass under no pressure into the corner with no one there to collect the puck. Boston gains possession and leads to a goal with a fraction of a second remaining blowing the shutout. That's about as brain dead a move you can make in a game. If you're not under pressure, take a look to re-orient yourself.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
they're still a playoff team but they're no longer that championship calibre team.
There were two teams that I just didn't see being anywhere near as good as their regular season records--Boston and Winnipeg.

And true to form, the Jets were bounced in five; while the Bruins and Leafs are going to a Game 7, even without Matthews in the lineup. This Bruins team just doesn't have enough skill. Once you get past Pastrnak and Marchand, there's not a ton of offense there.

I'm sure last season's choke job against Florida is still fresh in their minds.....and might be getting into their heads as they head back to Beantown or the deciding game.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Nylander is so sick
And he could easily have been 'ours', but Jethro decided Virtanen was a better bet in that 2014 draft. And to add insult to injury, the Canucks drafted Jared McCann at #24, and the Bruins picked David Pastrnak one pick later.

I often wonder how the last decade would have played out if the Canucks had both those guys in their lineup. But on the downside, Benning might still have his job.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Lindholm is our 3rd most skilled center and he'd easily be the 1C in Boston. They're riding insane goaltending to be in the series, most teams that shallow down the middle don't even sniff the playoffs. It's insane Pasta dropped 110 points without a center scoring more than 60...

Speaking of which, the Bruins will probably the team who will prepare an absolutely idiotic offer for Lindholm that makes it pointless for us to try to retain his services.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Samsonov is fine as a 30 game goalie / 1B but yeah hes not who u want in net as your starter

I watched him enough on ice to know that he's a terrible goalie, that's nothing new. But my biggest problem with this guy is from several post game interviews, where he consistently displayed this attitude of "I don't care what you or anyone else thinks about me". I mean if he's putting up Brodeur-esque numbers, it'd be totally fine, but he's not, not even close. A player like that, if displaying the same to teammates during practice or in the locker room, is nothing but cancer to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad