Around the League Thread | Stop f***ing crying, bro, this isn’t Junior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Mike Sharpe

Dec 6, 2017
Had a big laugh about the Leafs tonight, serves them right for dumping Dubas. You don't get rid of the guy who oversees the best regular season run in franchise history and hope that someone else can magically do better, that's not how it works, and this just proved it. It was akin to the lynching of Gillis.

Treliving in Calgary - .566%, 5/9 seasons in the playoffs
Dubas in TO - .651%, 5/5 seasons in the playoffs

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Had a big laugh about the Leafs tonight, serves them right for dumping Dubas. You don't get rid of the guy who oversees the best regular season run in franchise history and hope that someone else can magically do better, that's not how it works, and this just proved it. It was akin to the lynching of Gillis.

It’s still a Dubas built team.

Reactions: F A N

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The problem with that team is they tried to balance it instead of playing to their strengths. it has no concept governing it. Trying to be a jack of all trades. It started with high octane offense in mind and then neutered it.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
BOS TOR game could have gone either way, which means series could have. Despite the reffing.

No big deal, just gotta be as good next year and see where the bounces go.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
TSN panel was pointing out that the Leafs really didn't lose this series on a single OT goal in Game #7......it was Game #3 and Game #4 in TO, where they simply failed to show up and fell in a 1-3 hole.

It happens occasionally that a team can clamber out of that deep a hole.....but it requires a lot of luck. And the Leafs just ran out of horseshoes.

The baffling thing to me is that they actually played better without Matthews in the lineup. Go figure.

Reactions: Red

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
God you can just scrub back and forth over this clip and se such a range of emotions. Each frame is amazing.

Tension:
1714894880285.png

Worry:
1714894930701.png

Anguish:
1714895004782.png

Dejection:
1714895096019.png

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
The problem with that team is they tried to balance it instead of playing to their strengths. it has no concept governing it. Trying to be a jack of all trades. It started with high octane offense in mind and then neutered it.
They've been doing it for years. Dubas caved to the media/fan pressure and added guys like Boosh (v. 1.0), Foligno, Clifford, Schenn, Acciari, etc.

It's dumb. They built a roster that's largely devoid of talent and thought putting that group around the Core 4 would somehow maximize them. Pro-tip. It's not.

And Treliving doubled down on this but in an even worse way.

Site slow I wonder why 😂😂
Because for like 25 fanbases, the Leafs losing is their Stanley Cup.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

That was a team Dubas built. What would Dubas have done? Trade for Karlsson? Sign Graves?

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
Meh, I wanted the Leafs to beat the Bruins. I don’t feel any particular way towards the Leafs, but can’t stand Marchand so that wins. I hope the Panthers crush them.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Devastating loss after heroic come back from 3-1
I almost feel bad for the leafs fan
Agreed. The Leafs played game 7 pretty well. No real meltdowns, just got caught on a set play that Lindholm and Pasta probably play around with in practice since they know the caroms on the boards.

Unfortunately for the players, the weight of recent playoff history is likely to come down hard on them. I would expect that Marner is gone and the pressure really starts to ratchet up on Tavares and even Treliving. Can't see Keefe surviving this either.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Agreed. The Leafs played game 7 pretty well. No real meltdowns, just got caught on a set play that Lindholm and Pasta probably play around with in practice since they know the caroms on the boards.

Unfortunately for the players, the weight of recent playoff history is likely to come down hard on them. I would expect that Marner is gone and the pressure really starts to ratchet up on Tavares and even Treliving. Can't see Keefe surviving this either.
I posted that play 5 days ago.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
The Canucks are my team and they are the only one will I root for to win... but I'll always root for the Leafs and Oilers to lose. Although, truth be told, I'm beginning to develop a strong disliking for Vegas too.
If we can take down the Oilers in the next round, everything after that will be gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad