Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Man the East is pathetic after all summer we heard about how deep and stacked that conference is.

Reactions: Flik

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
When Torts pulled the goalie:
1713319023281.jpeg

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
The fact that Washington made it over all these teams is insane. 39 year old Ovechkin and meh Dylan Strome as their top forwards lol. Their 2nd line center is Conor Mcmichael.

-36 goal differential and still made the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if that's a record in the cap era.

Did he pull the goalie to spite the wings?

The Flyers had like a 2% chance of making it if everything fell their way exactly.

Reactions: Vector

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I don't remember what but something the Wings did annoyed me this season.

So I want them to miss lol.

Jake Walman did the cringiest loser dance a human being can lay eyes to when the Wings won in OT. To top it off you had a bunch of zoomers with the 'NHL wants personality but hates this?' takes that make you want gouge your eyes out. The blessing was Zadorov basically snuffed it all out when he mocked Walman's gritty dance a week later in a lopsided game - then backed it up by saying the dance was disrespectful on HNIC after hours.

I'm not that old of a guy..only 37 and I appreciate the evolution of the game. But if that dance becomes a new norm in the NHL, I'll stop watching.

Reactions: aquaweenie

JiffyPB

Oct 11, 2018
What happened first? They must have video coaches feeding them information.
Wings scored first, eliminating the Flyers. Then within minutes Torts pulled the goalie trying to win in regulation. Video coach probably watching their game rather than out of town scoreboard.

That makes no sense, they don’t have reception in Philly?
It was like within a minute or 2. Probably not enough time to look over and relay that info.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Pretty sure any of those guys relaying that info to the bench would have to fear for their jobs cuz of Torts.

Torts bans ipads on the bench too.

I mean the players dont have to know. However, Torts should know. Red Wings knew that their season was over before the game ended too.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
That makes no sense, they don’t have reception in Philly?
Scoreboard in the arena would have put it up.

Torts is basically we are eliminated. Let’s end this game in regulation. Don’t doing OT.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The Wings lost twice to the Caps in the last month - they don't deserve to be in at all. Got what they deserved IMO

Also this Philly collapse has to mean Torts is gone right?

Why? The Flyers were supposed to be bad. Briere did nothing to improve the team at the deadline. Sucks he had them playing really well and wrecked their lottery plans but that’s the worst of his transgressions.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Wings scored first, eliminating the Flyers. Then within minutes Torts pulled the goalie trying to win in regulation. Video coach probably watching their game rather than out of town scoreboard.

It was like within a minute or 2. Probably not enough time to look over and relay that info.
I mean there are out of town scoreboard in the LCDs in the stadium

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Why? The Flyers were supposed to be bad. Briere did nothing to improve the team at the deadline. Sucks he had them playing really well and wrecked their lottery plans but that’s the worst of his transgressions.
Briere did not hire torts. So up to him if he wants to change the HC. Yzerman and Verbeek when taking over a rebuild opted to keep the HC during their tank years.

But torts will get something out of the players u like Eakins and Blashill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad