Around the League Thread | Playoffs 🏒

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyTitus

Dec 17, 2008
Of the three teams the Canucks could face this season, the Preds are probably the best matchup. The Canucks went 3-0 against them with solid underlying numbers. They should be 2:1 favourites in a 7 game series.

They had the worst record against LA but carried the play in all the games. LA got really lucky by scoring first in every game, and it's hard to come back against that style.

Vegas is probably the worst matchup. The team went 2-2 but had some terrible possession numbers. Their regular season hasn't been very inspiring but you can't really blame a team for not taking the regular season very seriously after they've just won a cup.
I mean. They went 4-0 and outscored the oilers 21-7 this year...

I guess you said "could play".

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Would be out of this world wild if the Caps and Flyers are tied late in the 3rd and the Flyers pull the goalie and score and win.... and the Wings win to win the division lol

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
I LOVE this part of the season. The last 2-3 games where the last couple teams are fighting it out for playoff spots is such great hockey

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I mean. They went 4-0 and outscored the oilers 21-7 this year...

I guess you said "could play".

I meant the first round. But yeah, if you'd rather play Edmonton instead of any of these teams I'd suggest you get your head examined. I think Edmonton will ultimately get taken out by a team that plays very tight defensively but has some scoring punch but I'm not sure the Canucks have that level of composure right now.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Flyers announcer reminds me of the CBC announcer from saturday. Gets excited at absolute nothing plays :laugh:

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
If your team is on a great roll, I get the rust factor. But, been a while now since Nash's monster 20 game run of great play. That's why Van needs to secure their point tonight to obtain home ice for rounds 1 and 2. Whatever happens if/when they get to round 3, they only for sure would have home ice vs Colorado.

But, they would be better off resting Quinn, Petey, Miller for the Win game and keeping them in Van vs 6 hours on a plane for a 1 off road game. If Demko doesn't need the game action, I'd be inclined to keep him home as well.
If Jets win tonight (they're up 1 against Seattle) then they lock up home ice against Colorado.

Maybe they rest their guys in the final game against us.

Then both of us can rest and not feel bad.

Technically home ice in the third round could be on the line in that game, but not sure how much players care about that.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Watching the last few minutes of the Wings/Habs game and man, remember when we used to do the Ole Ole ditty after goals?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
He's been horrible tonight. Botched the call by blowing the whistle too early, and he didn't call a blatant hit from behind on Hathway right in front of his eyes. Wonder why the NHL holds him in such high regard.
Any Canucks reffed by that ass is a scheduled loss.

Reactions: calnuck

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Jim Jackson is really good, actually. Singh is 1/5th of the PBP guy Jackson is.
If Jim Jackson is the Flyers announcer then my response to you is:

200w.gif

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Now that Lane Hutson can no longer hurt Willander, I will admit that he looks pretty great at least offensively.

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Really happy for Slaf that he’s managed to have a great rookie season after he got dumped on early on

Reactions: M2Beezy

calnuck

Nov 26, 2010
CA
Also with the season on the line you start James Reimer? Lmao really hope him and Kane don’t see the playoffs

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Both teams had too many men on the ice... no call.

Kelly Sutherland, ladies and gentlemen. Imagine getting paid to skate around the ice and do f*** all. Found a new job for PLD.

Reactions: M2Beezy

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Toronto had 31 shots against in the second period lmfao

That blueline won’t make it out of the first round
Looks like theyll play Boston, another paper dragon. I Think Toronto beats them. Whoever wins that series gets flattened by Tampa/Florida in the 2nd round anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad